+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

marrying in canada in a same sex marriage

riva21

Mar 22, 2012
good day! it's really helpfull for us to read this forum because we quite have the same situation with regards on marrying in canada using a tourist visa, I have a same sex relationship with my girlfriend in philippines. I am an immigrant here in canada and I just arrive after my college graduation last march 2012, before I leave me and my girlfriend planned to marry in a country wherein the same sex marriage is legal, then i found out that canada legalize this kind of marriage, my girlfriend planned to go here and apply for a tourist visa for the reason of marrying me without our parents consent, we want to hide our marriage because our parents are not agree with this kind of relationship but we are on a legal age and all we want is to be together either on Philippines or here in canada, depending on the situation that we could have, our marriage is not just because she wants to stay here for long but for us to live together legaly, and see each other, we also have proof that we have communication through social networking sites, we have pictures, and we can show call history that we communicate open. but just like the others in this forum said, i am afraid that they will refuse my girlfriends tourist visa application because they might think that she will not go back to the philippines. what is the best way we could do for this matter? she can show some proof that she have sufficient money in her bank account and she have business that can be a reason for her to go back in the philippines. can you please help us with regards to this matter? thank you so much and God bless!

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
riva21 said:
she can show some proof that she have sufficient money in her bank account and she have business that can be a reason for her to go back in the philippines. can you please help us with regards to this matter? thank you so much and God bless!
Yes that's right...the fact that your gf has those ties to the Philippines, totally helps. And make sure she has a return ticket too.

But hold on, I'm not too sure about something: so once your gf comes to Canada and gets married with you, then what? Will she remain in Canada, or will she go back to the Philippines?

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
riva21 said:
good day! it's really helpfull for us to read this forum because we quite have the same situation with regards on marrying in canada using a tourist visa, I have a same sex relationship with my girlfriend in philippines. I am an immigrant here in canada and I just arrive after my college graduation last march 2012, before I leave me and my girlfriend planned to marry in a country wherein the same sex marriage is legal, then i found out that canada legalize this kind of marriage, my girlfriend planned to go here and apply for a tourist visa for the reason of marrying me without our parents consent, we want to hide our marriage because our parents are not agree with this kind of relationship but we are on a legal age and all we want is to be together either on Philippines or here in canada, depending on the situation that we could have, our marriage is not just because she wants to stay here for long but for us to live together legaly, and see each other, we also have proof that we have communication through social networking sites, we have pictures, and we can show call history that we communicate open. but just like the others in this forum said, i am afraid that they will refuse my girlfriends tourist visa application because they might think that she will not go back to the philippines. what is the best way we could do for this matter? she can show some proof that she have sufficient money in her bank account and she have business that can be a reason for her to go back in the philippines. can you please help us with regards to this matter? thank you so much and God bless!
Tourist visas are hard to get if you don't come from a wealthy background or have a lot of ties back home eg. a house, kids, job. You could try for the tourist visa and then if it doesn't work apply as Conjugal. Also when applying for a TRV I think you should disclose your relationship, when we applied for a TRV for my partner we didn't disclose our relationship at the time because we feared being judged as he is still technically married. I think it was a mistake and now am worried about our conjugal partner application being affected by it.
Anyways, a TRV application is only about $75 and worth a shot.

riva21

Mar 22, 2012
thanks for your advise, :) yes she have sufficient funds in her bank accounts, she also have business and some assets. the only thing that we are afraid of is that if the embassy knows that we will get married in canada do you think they will not allow my girlfriend because they might think that she will stay there even her visa ends? and also she dont have any sponsor here in canada that can invite her. can you give me some advise for this? thank you so much! :)

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
YOU could invite her. As for the wedding, yeah they may stop her from getting a visa because that would indicate she didn't intend to leave. But when applying as Conjugal it helps to give proof of denied TRV's so as long as you apply with the intention of marrying it could help your case in the long run even if she is denied. Just be clear with everything on the application.

riva21

Mar 22, 2012
so you mean if ever she will be denied I can urgently sponsor her under conjugal partnership? :) and also can I invite her even if I don't have my own apartment and I stay with my parents? and I only arrived last march 2012 but we are already an immigrant when we arrive.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
riva21 said:
so you mean if ever she will be denied I can urgently sponsor her under conjugal partnership? :) and also can I invite her even if I don't have my own apartment and I stay with my parents? and I only arrived last march 2012 but we are already an immigrant when we arrive.
You can't urgently sponsor anyone, it will take the same amount of time if you're married or conjugal. But a denied TRV could serve as good proof you tried to marry or tried to visit. I don't know much about invitations, but I don't think they're absolutely necessary for a TRV. It seems to be a real misconception that you need to be invited to come here. You could write a letter inviting her to stay in your parents house. Or ask them to write a letter inviting her.

ladyjess

Apr 17, 2012
riva21 said:
congratulations

kayeriess

Aug 20, 2012
hi riva21..i have the same problem..i want to invite my girlfriend here in canada but i don't know how to do that secretely. i live with my family and they are against of this kind of rel...so it's really hard for me...i support her financially since i landed here in canada last 2010..