+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marrying a Canadian / sponsorship advice

EnglishMike81

Aug 2, 2018
Extended Health care through employers is not the same as regular health care. Extended health care covers things beyond what regular health care covers, things like dentist, massage, physio, psychologist etc. Finding a job that gives you extended health care might help with medication costs (I am not sure how that would work, specifically, and it depends on each plan), but it will not cover exams associated with your condition!
Thanks for the advice. So I would require private health care that I fund myself.

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
Hmm, I've left Canada twice since April (albeit for 3 days to USA)...and this has not been an issue.

I had spoken with somebody to today at Govt office who suggested a multiple entry visiting visa as opposed to single entry but was hazy on the details.

I'm not sure which I currently have (if there even is such a thing) so it seems like I've definitely been riding my luck leaving and coming back already on those trips.

So to be clear I had hoped to apply for the extended visiting Visa > apply for the OWP while in Canada > Go to England, bring back medication and apply for the PR and sponsorship there > Come back to Canada on the existing visiting visa on this suggested Multiple entry one > Use my OWP that I would receive when I get back to Canada > Have the PR and Sponsorship delivered to the UK and then delivered to me.

But by the sounds of it, there's little chance of me achieving this and I could find myself stuck in England without my wife and refused re-entry to Canada, or i stay in Canada without medication and healthcare, which is very likely I will get too sick to even work.

Both are awful scenarios!
You still seem a bit confused about the process. You can’t just apply for an owp by itself, you can only apply/get an owp once you apply for an inland PR application so you need to apply inland if you need the owp.

Regardless, there is no need to apply for PR from the UK, Outland can be filed from within Canada using your Canadian address.

EnglishMike81

Aug 2, 2018
You still seem a bit confused about the process. You can’t just apply for an owp by itself, you can only apply/get an owp once you apply for an inland PR application so you need to apply inland if you need the owp.

Regardless, there is no need to apply for PR from the UK, Outland can be filed from within Canada using your Canadian address.
No I understand this now, I was just trying to be clear what I was attempting to do but obviously had the wrong idea entirely!

Reactions: Oldmacwright

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
No I understand this now, I was just trying to be clear what I was attempting to do but obviously had the wrong idea entirely!
Oh I got you now!

Outland is your safest bet if you need to go back to the UK several times as worse case you get denied re entry then at least the PR app will still be processed.

Have you visited a doctor here yet to see if they will refill your prescription?