+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marry In Canada, use return flight, Apply Outside Canada

Timeless

Nov 7, 2010
Hello,

I found a similar thread on this forum which is very old but the thread kind of got off course and am wondering the answer to one of his original points and have tried looking elsewhere.
If I bring my fiancee here on a visit visa, telling customs she's my girlfriend, then we get married here and then she leaves to go back to Dubai to work 2 or 3 weeks later, then what? We have lived and visited a number of times together in different places overseas but I haven't worked enough recently to allow her to stay and try to get her a PR here so if she leaves Canada what is the next step? I have to work for a period of time to show stability and then apply to sponsor her to come over as a spouse? Can she combine that with a visa for a company to sponsor her since she works in a specialized field?
If we get married here on her visit visa then leaves will the Canadian govt reject any attempt to get her to move here since they feel it is some sort of fraud?

-

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
I am from a visa-exempt country, but for our wedding I flew to Canada and got married, stayed 5 weeks and left. That part is fine, especially considering you have visited each other before (if you only just met for example, that would raise a red flag). As a spouse, you do not have to meet any income requirements unless children are involved. She can apply under the federal skilled worker class, but if you are planning on getting married, that may be a better route for you. You do not need to apply under both classes.