05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Creampop said:
yea strange we are in K-W and we dealt with Sunnyside. you mean you went thru all that and you still don't atleast have a temporary taxation number (TTN)?
Nope, I asked about it. They told me since we already applied for PR, it would be pointless ::)

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
Ok the woman @ Sunnyside told me it would make it easier... all I have to do is call, give them my TTN and switch it over to my SIN when I get one, since I am here for longer then 6 months I have to file a tax return even tho it will be for zero, did they say anything about him having to file a tax return? do you receive credit for him in your OTB? my husband didn't think my income would effect anything other then the CCTB but it has effected everything and according to CRA since I will be here for longer then 6 months I am a resident for tax purposes... like I told my husband it's like 2 branches of the Government that completely counterdict themselves. ::)

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Creampop said:
Ok the woman @ Sunnyside told me it would make it easier... all I have to do is call, give them my TTN and switch it over to my SIN when I get one, since I am here for longer then 6 months I have to file a tax return even tho it will be for zero, did they say anything about him having to file a tax return? do you receive credit for him in your OTB? my husband didn't think my income would effect anything other then the CCTB but it has effected everything and according to CRA since I will be here for longer then 6 months I am a resident for tax purposes... like I told my husband it's like 2 branches of the Government that completely counterdict themselves. ::)
Nope, they told me that he will not be added to my OTB until he has a SIN and he cannot file until he has a SIN. Man, it's not even the branches, it's the same branch, different offices! *grumble* They all need a looong skype meeting to get on the same page!!!

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
Ok maybe it's because I'm a woman and I hadta be added because of the CCTB so it changes everything? it is very messed up how they seem to be working tho. do you receive CCTB? did they use his income to recalculate it? thats what she said I needed the TTN for was to be added to my husbands taxes for previous years 2009-2011 and when he looked yesterday those 3 years had been reassessed and it is now listing an underpayment ??? they really are so confusing my mother always told me nothing is ever easy in life it sure is true LOL

Modified to add:
everything she said to me is on this page... and we seem to be pretty much in the same shoes... as far as being here on visitor's record for extended amount of time... PR app in progress, maybe if you called and read to them from their own website it might get them moving in the right direction, just wouldn't want them coming back to you after he already has been here and didn't file or whatever he should have done ya know if there's a way they can make it drag out longer it seems like they gladly do it...

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/nnrsdnts/ndvdls/nwcmr-eng.html
You become a resident of Canada for income tax purposes when you establish significant residential ties in Canada.

Residential ties include:
a home in Canada;
a spouse or common-law partner (see the definition in the General Income Tax and Benefit Guide) and dependants who move to Canada to live with you;
personal property, such as a car or furniture; and social ties in Canada.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Creampop said:
Ok maybe it's because I'm a woman and I hadta be added because of the CCTB so it changes everything? it is very messed up how they seem to be working tho. do you receive CCTB? did they use his income to recalculate it? thats what she said I needed the TTN for was to be added to my husbands taxes for previous years 2009-2011 and when he looked yesterday those 3 years had been reassessed and it is now listing an underpayment ??? they really are so confusing my mother always told me nothing is ever easy in life it sure is true LOL

Modified to add:
everything she said to me is on this page... and we seem to be pretty much in the same shoes... as far as being here on visitor's record for extended amount of time... PR app in progress, maybe if you called and read to them from their own website it might get them moving in the right direction, just wouldn't want them coming back to you after he already has been here and didn't file or whatever he should have done ya know if there's a way they can make it drag out longer it seems like they gladly do it...

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/nnrsdnts/ndvdls/nwcmr-eng.html
I told my husband I'll be calling on Monday to double check. They are like CIC, different agents, different anwsers! It's annoying haha. I don't get CCTB, I'm assuming that has to do with children? It's possible that it is because you're the wife and the soon-to-be-PR. Who knows with CRA?! Dang government!

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
They are like CIC, different agents, different anwsers!
make ya feel like ya need a crazy pill eh? lol

CCTB is the child tax benefit yes thats why I thought maybe it was different @ first till I read that page it didn't state man or woman so I assume it meant general I mean that would be common sense but we have determined there is none here. I hope it all works out tho in either event it would just suck to have to do this process all over again and have them stop payments until they straighten it out, after you inquired about it several times now. GL!