+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

married in hk

evebuenafe

Dec 15, 2018
hello, im little bit confused.pls somebody help me.
im a permanent resident here in canada. i got married last jan 23 in hongkong but our marriage cannot be register in the philippines because my husbands first marriage is not yet annulled but divorced by his first wife in canada ( but my husband never been in canada he’s a filipino resident)
is it possible for me to apply for his sponsorship even though our marriage is not registered in philippines? gelp pls

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
im a permanent resident here in canada. i got married last jan 23 in hongkong but our marriage cannot be register in the philippines because my husbands first marriage is not yet annulled but divorced by his first wife in canada ( but my husband never been in canada he’s a filipino resident)
is it possible for me to apply for his sponsorship even though our marriage is not registered in philippines? gelp pls
Hi

Yes.

Beth1984

Oct 14, 2017
hello po mam can i ask what are the steps para makapagpakasal sa hongkong or kung meron man kayong binayaran na mag aayos pwede po mahingi salamat po godbless

Beth1984

Oct 14, 2017
Hello,

Please post in English so that every member can read it
ok,i just want to know if somebody knows how to get marriage in hongkong what are the steps and things to prepare.if both filipino one is divorce in canada where we can register our marriage.

Bella ciao

Mar 25, 2020
Hello. Good day.
I just want to ask. Just please enlighten me. I Want to apply s student visa in Canada.and i want to include my bf in my application. I know that ONLY Husband can be included with the application. Here is the catch. We are both filipino citizen. Working in different countries as for this moment, he is separated with his ex wife, papers for annulment or legal separation was not push since the wife is uncooperative.
My question is.
Are we okay for any marriage in Hong Kong? If ever we are planning for that. So that i can include him with my application.
Is the canada Immigration will grant it?
Please help me. Thank you

evebuenafe

Dec 15, 2018
Hello. Good day.
I just want to ask. Just please enlighten me. I Want to apply s student visa in Canada.and i want to include my bf in my application. I know that ONLY Husband can be included with the application. Here is the catch. We are both filipino citizen. Working in different countries as for this moment, he is separated with his ex wife, papers for annulment or legal separation was not push since the wife is uncooperative.
My question is.
Are we okay for any marriage in Hong Kong? If ever we are planning for that. So that i can include him with my application.
hello actually im not really a professional to answer your question everything i share here is based on my own experience but with your status i dont think u guys can get married because anywhere you go even divorce is acknowledge your bf needs a certificate that proves that he is really legally separated. about applying for student visa rule i have no idea, the application that we did was spousal sponsorship so im really sorry i cant give anything specific. have o good day and goodluck

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello. Good day.
My question is.
Of course not. He would be committing bigamy and Canada would not recognize the marriage.

Reactions: YVR123

Bella ciao

Mar 25, 2020
thank you for taking time to reply.
what if , like the ex wife is uncooperative ?.
if any case hk marriage is impossible . is marrying under muslim wedding will be okay? are they going to grant it? for immigration?,

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
thank you for taking time to reply.
what if , like the ex wife is uncooperative ?.
if any case hk marriage is impossible . is marrying under muslim wedding will be okay? are they going to grant it? for immigration?,
Either you need to live together for one continuous year to become common-law or he needs to divorce his spouse outside of the Philippines so that you can marry.

No, a Muslim marriage is not recognized. Bigamy is illegal in Canada.

Bella ciao

Mar 25, 2020
thank you.
we both working in two different countries in the middle east which happen if i will be with him , i dont know middle east will approve common law.
any country outside phils for appliying divorce? only i know is canada. by the help also with this forum.. i will search on to another country probably middle east.

thank you