Med's Done....
July/15/10
Passport Req..
April/14/11
VISA ISSUED...
May/17/11
LANDED..........
May/25/11
hello friends, I recently got married to my wife who lives in Costa Rica (2 weeks ago). and was just wondering if people can comment on the sponsorship process, I have the forms and everything printed out, I have my marriage certificate with me as well. I want to know what is my next step to get this sponsorship process started? I know my marriage certificate must be translated into English, but where would I get in order to get this service done? and is my marriage certificate recognized here in Canada? I will probably have a lot more questions after this post, so post and help me out with anything or any comments thanks!

Gary

I

iarblue

The processing times for Costa Rica is 19 months for 80% of the cases.You will fill in your sponsorship portion of the app and your spouse will fill in the PR part of the app.She need to get some information together as should do this as saoon as possible,police certificates,medical,by an approved immigration doctor.If you bring your marriage cert back to this area and just do a search for certified translators.
Are you staying in Costa Rica or are you coming back here?

garytheoiler

Jun 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec/13/10 App. Rec.........: Dec/15/10
AOR Received.
Feb/01/11
File Transfer...
Jan/17/11
Med's Done....
July/15/10
Passport Req..
April/14/11
VISA ISSUED...
May/17/11
LANDED..........
May/25/11
19 months? are you sure it takes that long? I am in Canada now, and she is in costarica. where can I find certified translators for my marriage certificate? and do I have to some how register it here in Canada? or is it already recognized.

garytheoiler

Jun 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Feb/01/11
File Transfer...
Jan/17/11
Med's Done....
July/15/10
Passport Req..
April/14/11
VISA ISSUED...
May/17/11
LANDED..........
May/25/11
i want to apply outland since it would probably take less time right?

I

iarblue

You have to apply outland if she is still in Costa Rica,and thats what the site says 19 months the application is processed through Guatemala City.And i dont think you have to register it here in Canada i believe it is recgonized.Translators im not exactly sure where they are here in Canada or where you are but just do a google in your area.

reegs

Jun 15, 2010
19 months is for 80% of applications. It might take as little as 8 months once your application has been received in Guatamala City if your case is straight forward and you aren't missing any documents. The CIC website offers the following statistical breakdown:

cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp

I am new to this as well, but if you look around on this forum you will see lots of examples of visas being granted within a reasonable amount of time... provided that the marriage or relationship is clearly legitimate (in the eyes of an I.O.) and the application kit is complete.

Best of luck from Lima

garytheoiler

Jun 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Feb/01/11
File Transfer...
Jan/17/11
Med's Done....
July/15/10
Passport Req..
April/14/11
VISA ISSUED...
May/17/11
LANDED..........
May/25/11
thanks guys, another questions.... What would happen if I were to be in a situation where my wife is pregnant? would I have to redo the app again? how would it work? say for example I sent all my apps already and I found out tomorrow that she is pregnant? thanks!

Gary

I

iarblue

Well there is nothing you can do until the baby is born.If born outside Canada you will need to give Immigration all the childs info so the baby can be added.If your wife is pregnant and is going to be born in Canada well then it will be a Canadian citizen by birth.
So until you know for sure there is nothing to do.