+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Married and have a son but wish to apply for PR without husband. Possible?

Dewdrops1502

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Hi everyone.

I am married and have a 15 year old son. We wish to immigrate to Canada but my husband is a sailor who cannot devote the kind of time it requires to go through the entire process of ECA, EOI et all as he's out at sea for long periods. He wants me to file along with our son (excluding him) so that the process doesn't get stuck due to his unavailability. My questions are as follows:

1. Wanted to know if its possible to do this. If yes, then what are the pros and cons?
2. I understand (correct me if I'm wrong) that he has to get his medicals done even if he's not accompanying us. So can the medicals be done way in advance as his ship joining time is arriving and I've yet to file my EOI?In case I get ITA when he's not on land, then it will not be possible for him to leave his ship and come within those 60 days of documentation time.
3. What about PCC? Will he need to get that too even though he's not included in the EOI file?

Kindly give your inputs.
TIA

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone.

I am married and have a 15 year old son. We wish to immigrate to Canada but my husband is a sailor who cannot devote the kind of time it requires to go through the entire process of ECA, EOI et all as he's out at sea for long periods. He wants me to file along with our son (excluding him) so that the process doesn't get stuck due to his unavailability. My questions are as follows:

1. Wanted to know if its possible to do this. If yes, then what are the pros and cons?
2. I understand (correct me if I'm wrong) that he has to get his medicals done even if he's not accompanying us. So can the medicals be done way in advance as his ship joining time is arriving and I've yet to file my EOI?In case I get ITA when he's not on land, then it will not be possible for him to leave his ship and come within those 60 days of documentation time.
3. What about PCC? Will he need to get that too even though he's not included in the EOI file?

Kindly give your inputs.
TIA
Hi

1. Yes, you can apply with him as non-accompanying. Not really any pros to doing this, with the con being that you will later need to sponsor him to come to Canada.

2. He can do the medical ahead of time but it is only valid for one year. Depending on how far ahead he does it and how long your app takes, he may have to do another.

3. Yes, he needs PCCs. Understand that he would still be fully included in the app, just as non-accompanying. He must fill out all the forms, do the medical, get the PCCs etc.

It would be easier to just include him as accompanying.

Dewdrops1502

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Hi

1. Yes, you can apply with him as non-accompanying. Not really any pros to doing this, with the con being that you will later need to sponsor him to come to Canada.

2. He can do the medical ahead of time but it is only valid for one year. Depending on how far ahead he does it and how long your app takes, he may have to do another.

3. Yes, he needs PCCs. Understand that he would still be fully included in the app, just as non-accompanying. He must fill out all the forms, do the medical, get the PCCs etc.

It would be easier to just include him as accompanying.[/QUOTE}

Thanks for your reply.
However, here in India, when I contacted the panel doctors to get a Medical exam done, they said they would not be able to do it unless they have a reference application number or something.
Can you guide me how to go about it in a procedural manner?
I did read about the upfront medical exam on the cic website, but am unable to understand it clearly.

Dewdrops1502

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Thanks for your reply.
However, here in India, when I contacted the panel doctors to get a Medical exam done, they said they would not be able to do it unless they have a reference application number or something.
I did read about the upfront medical exam on the cic website, but am unable to understand it clearly.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for your reply.
You need to specify that it is an upfront medical for an EE app.

baxa1981

May 29, 2012
Thanks for your reply.
Strange that that doctor doesn't know that upfront medical is possible him being a panel doctor.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
In order for you to do the upfront medical checkup, most of the doctors will require the ITA document.

Bro, you are confusing the lady. Upfront Medical simply means you do the medical before CIC asks for it. In earlier times, and also for spouse sponsorship program, one would only do medical checkup after ee CIC requests for it (usually after eligibility is passed ).

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
In order for you to do the upfront medical checkup, most of the doctors will require the ITA document.

Bro, you are confusing the lady. Upfront Medical simply means you do the medical before CIC asks for it. In earlier times, and also for spouse sponsorship program, one would only do medical checkup after ee CIC requests for it (usually after eligibility is passed ).
Not a bro...

I'm aware of what an upfront medical is. A person does not need an ITA to do an upfront medical.

Reactions: cansha and baxa1981

Dewdrops1502

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019

Thanks. So does that mean I can go ahead and request the doctor to conduct a Medical Examination for Express entry application? In that case, what do they do with the results? Do they keep them saved and upload on the CIC website only if and when we ask them to?

Dewdrops1502

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Strange that that doctor doesn't know that upfront medical is possible him being a panel doctor.

Yeah, even I thought so but I realized they might haven't come across such a strange case earlier and so could be clueless. I was wondering if I file my EOI and use that application number. Would that work???
Best bet for me though would've been if I could get his Medical examination done even before filing EOI (as I don't wish to rush into it just for the sake of the medical exam).

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Those doctors don't know anything if they do it.
What??
It's a procedure. It has nothing to do with knowledge of the doctor. In fact, you don't even talk to the doctor when you are doing the booking.

Anyways, it is a pointless discussion.

Peace

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks. So does that mean I can go ahead and request the doctor to conduct a Medical Examination for Express entry application? In that case, what do they do with the results? Do they keep them saved and upload on the CIC website only if and when we ask them to?
The results get uploaded and sit there until IRCC looks at them.

baxa1981

May 29, 2012
What??
It's a procedure. It has nothing to do with knowledge of the doctor. In fact, you don't even talk to the doctor when you are doing the booking.

Anyways, it is a pointless discussion.

Peace
What's the topic about? It's about the immigration process. I am not talking about his medical knowledge if you pay attention.

That doctor's office clearly doesn't know the process. It's not pointless, it drags the application process for a lot of people.