+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Married after COPR - HKVO

alanalanyh

Mar 28, 2022
Hi friends,

I got married after receiving COPR and informed the corresponding office, Hong Kong office through webform 18Jan 2022. I sent several webforms but I have not received ANY reply yet. Per my research on the internet this type of webform should be one of the priorities, but I am not sure what's going on with my case. Please help!

My timeline

Oct 2021 - COPR issued, marital status says Single
Dec 2021 - Married (we chose this path because it was expected to take 4 months and sponsorship takes 12 months, obviously it backfired)
Dec 27 2021 - webform informed IRCC about my marriage and request to add my wife to my COPR. Got a reply saying "I do not have an application in progress so no need to add documents". Pretty sure they misunderstood my webform.
Jan 2022 - realized that the notice paper issued with COPR specifically said inform the HongKong office, so I wrote a webform to HK office about the marriage. No response till today.

Since then, I have written many webforms/emails to inform IRCC about marriage and request to add my wife. None received any reply except auto replies. Details below:
Jan 13, emailed CTC Ottawa about marriage.
Jan 18, sent webform to HK office about marriage
Jan 30. Sent webform to HK office about marriage.
Feb 11. Sent a webform to HK office with no UCI. Sent a webform to Beijing office with UCI.
Feb 12. Sent an email to HK office
Mar 03. Sent an email to IRCC under Replacement of Documents category. Reported a tech issue.
Mar 09 Webform stating urgent situation to HK office. Email to hkong@international.gc.ca
Mar 14 Urgent webform with photos to office under EE
Mar 20. Urgent webform with spouse doc to HK office.
Mar 20. Urgent webform with spouse doc to IRCC - replacement document
Mar 23. Urgent webform with docs
Mar 28. Webform to HK - Worker. To IRCC - replacement document.

I am trying to understand why none of the webforms got through. If I have to wait, it has been 3 months already. How much longer do I need to wait? Or is my webforms being blocked? Frankly speaking, I am getting anxious about this.

My question is, what should I do? Do I keep sending webforms when it seems to be a dead end? Are you in the same boat or even be in contact with HongKong office? Any advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Alan

Last edited: