+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Married after COPR, delay in process wife document

vnyaraju

Sep 8, 2020
Yes I have my physical COPR. In my case, I think it would not be valid. My partner was not in my original application, and my personal details in the COPR shows me as Single. So my understanding is that I would need to be reissued a new COPR.
Any updates brother

andreiger

Star Member
Apr 29, 2019
Netherlands
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2019
Any updates brother
In my case - absolutely ZERO updates.
Even the gcms notes I requested in June, I'm still waiting for them after 3 months +.

Medicals expiring again at the end of November..
I'm not expecting any updates this year tbh.

vnyaraju

Sep 8, 2020
Even I dint got any updates till now.

I recently relocated to canada on closed work permit and updated to IRCC with my contact information and address.

still no response, let’s see till where this wait is going to be :(

Shaey

Dec 25, 2018
Hi guys!

Did any one of you get any updates?

I have a valid COPR (currently single applicant but going to be married in another two months) and am thinking should I land first and then go back home and get married and go through the sponsorship route to sponsor my spouse or should I try to add my spouse in the application post COPR.

Appreciate your views and updates.

andreiger

Star Member
Apr 29, 2019
Netherlands
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2019
Hi guys!

Did any one of you get any updates?

I have a valid COPR (currently single applicant but going to be married in another two months) and am thinking should I land first and then go back home and get married and go through the sponsorship route to sponsor my spouse or should I try to add my spouse in the application post COPR.

Appreciate your views and updates.
You should do exactly that, otherwise you will practically reset your application to moment 0.
And who knows how long you gonna have to wait. I'm waiting for 8 months already with no updates. And IRCC even knew my wife.

She was declared since I applied, all the documents were submitted etc. But we decided to get married and add her as accompanying too. You can see my timeline in the signature. Good luck!

Shaey

Dec 25, 2018
You should do exactly that, otherwise you will practically reset your application to moment 0.
And who knows how long you gonna have to wait. I'm waiting for 8 months already with no updates. And IRCC even knew my wife.

She was declared since I applied, all the documents were submitted etc. But we decided to get married and add her as accompanying too. You can see my timeline in the signature. Good luck!
Thanks for your reply.
I do not want to be stuck again. My valid COPR expired in June 2020 and managed to get a new one in Sep 2022 after two long years. So definitely can understand your frustration. Hope it moves for you, soon.

andreiger

Star Member
Apr 29, 2019
Netherlands
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2019
Thanks for your reply.
I do not want to be stuck again. My valid COPR expired in June 2020 and managed to get a new one in Sep 2022 after two long years. So definitely can understand your frustration. Hope it moves for you, soon.
Oh okay.. then you know what I mean. Just land and finish that PR process.
Marry and sponsor afterwards. Cheers :)

vachunik

Nov 12, 2022
Married: Feb 10th 2022
Informed IRCC(web form) : Feb 15th 2022
Requested wife passport and marriage certificate: Feb 27th 2022
Uploaded both documents: March 1st 2022

It’s been 4 months, from then no updates from IRCC, raised webform to check the status of application, but no response yet

let me know if any one on the same boat.
Same situation got my COPR before marriage raised webforms to communicate the change. However no response from IRCC till date since June. My COPR will be expiring in November end 2022, hence i am worried what to do in case of no response.. should i let it expire or do complete the first landing procedure.
please help if anyone has info on this...

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Same situation got my COPR before marriage raised webforms to communicate the change. However no response from IRCC till date since June. My COPR will be expiring in November end 2022, hence i am worried what to do in case of no response.. should i let it expire or do complete the first landing procedure.
please help if anyone has info on this...
Complete landing procedure and sponsor your spouse.

vachunik

Nov 12, 2022
Complete landing procedure and sponsor your spouse.
But as per law we are supposed to inforem IRCC and wait for their further instruction, which is why i am still waiting and not making my first landing. Failing to declare or examine the spouse could lead to a potential ban from sponsering your wife. i have already informed IRCC but its been 4 months still no response as what to do further.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
But as per law we are supposed to inforem IRCC and wait for their further instruction, which is why i am still waiting and not making my first landing. Failing to declare or examine the spouse could lead to a potential ban from sponsering your wife. i have already informed IRCC but its been 4 months still no response as what to do further.
Which law are you referring to? My understanding once decision has been made [ since you were issued COPR ] but later got married, you need to finalize landing and sponsor your spouse from Inside Canada. I dont know why you have been waiting for so long? and you were waiting for what.

vachunik

Nov 12, 2022
Which law are you referring to? My understanding once decision has been made [ since you were issued COPR ] but later got married, you need to finalize landing and sponsor your spouse from Inside Canada. I dont know why you have been waiting for so long? and you were waiting for what.
it is clearly written in the information document we receive with the COPR that in case of a status change inform IRCC and DO NOT travel with the COPR which has a different status than your current status.
i have been waiting IRCC to acknowledge the status change to married and inform me what to do next.