+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Married after COOR, no response yet from IRCC

monttaal

Mar 18, 2021
Hello, I received my COPR (valid until Oct 2022, 1 year aftter medical). I got married after receiving the COPR, and have informed IRCC about it and asking them what my next steps are.

A.) How long does it usually take them to reply? It's been about 6 weeks and I haven't received a reply from them.

B.) If it takes IRCC a lot of time to process the addition of my spouse and it reaches the expiry of my COPR, will I need to do my medicals again?

Thanks for any info you can give guys.

vnyaraju

Sep 8, 2020
Hello, I received my COPR (valid until Oct 2022, 1 year aftter medical). I got married after receiving the COPR, and have informed IRCC about it and asking them what my next steps are.

A.) How long does it usually take them to reply? It's been about 6 weeks and I haven't received a reply from them.

B.) If it takes IRCC a lot of time to process the addition of my spouse and it reaches the expiry of my COPR, will I need

B.) If it takes IRCC a lot of time to process the addition of my spouse and it reaches the expiry of my COPR, will I need to do my medicals again?

I am in the
to do my medicals again?

same situation here bro,
Married: Feb 10th 2022
Informed IRCC(web form) : Feb 15th 2022
Requested wife passport and marriage certificate: Feb 27th 2022
Uploaded both documents: March 1st 2022

It’s been 4 months, from then no updates from IRCC, raised webform to check the status of application, but no response yet

let me know if you got any updates

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
If you have received COPR pls go land in Canada and start the spousal sponsorship. At this point your application has been approved and I doubt any officer will look at it again. It may happen but have it in mind to land before expiry so that you don't lose your chance
@monttaal - I warn you to stay away from this advice. This is absolutely wrong advice. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO LAND IF YOU ARE MARRIED NOW after receiving COPR. You have done the right thing by informing IRCC about changes in your marital status. You just need to wait for them to respond. You can find enough threads on same topic, one which is this - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/marriage-after-copr.608391

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you have received COPR pls go land in Canada and start the spousal sponsorship. At this point your application has been approved and I doubt any officer will look at it again. It may happen but have it in mind to land before expiry so that you don't lose your chance
This is horrible and wrong advice. If your advice is followed, this person will never be able to sponsor their spouse. Please do not post such misinformation that has the potential to ruin someone's life.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

We don't know how much time it will take. But doing medicals again is better than landed and NEVER be able to sponsor your spouse.

You should get email to get medical for your new spouse. They will issue you with new COPR.

hshn

Mar 11, 2022
I have a somewhat relevant question. I was an in land applicant and received my eCoPR a few days ago. My application for the card is also submitted (I think it means I've landed virtually, please correct me if I am wrong). My partner and I will become common-law by the end of this month but she is already a Canadian. Do I still need to inform IRCC about this?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I have a somewhat relevant question. I was an in land applicant and received my eCoPR a few days ago. My application for the card is also submitted (I think it means I've landed virtually, please correct me if I am wrong). My partner and I will become common-law by the end of this month but she is already a Canadian. Do I still need to inform IRCC about this?
NO. you don't. You have already landed as a PR. So you do not need to update your marital status change.

Reactions: hshn