AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Yes i know but been that am in canada now as a refugee what will bcome of my refugee case i want to know what i need do in canada thank you
Based on what you've said thus far, that you were in the US on a B1/B2 visa then came to Canada and claimed refugee 2 days before expiry of B1/B2 visa, I suspect your claim will be denied. If that happens you won't get the chance to decide where to go, Canada will send you back to the country of your passport. If you want to return to the US, then you and your spouse should check into having you immigrate to the US with him (via a US forum as scylla suggested earlier). You will need to file a withdrawal of your refugee claim and get your passport back prior to IRCC making a decision for you though.

Cip

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Based on what you've said thus far, that you were in the US on a B1/B2 visa then came to Canada and claimed refugee 2 days before expiry of B1/B2 visa, I suspect your claim will be denied. If that happens you won't get the chance to decide where to go, Canada will send you back to the country of your passport. If you want to return to the US, then you and your spouse should check into having you immigrate to the US with him (via a US forum as scylla suggested earlier). You will need to file a withdrawal of your refugee claim and get your passport back prior to IRCC making a decision for you though.

Cip

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you, no hearing date in canada yet , do u advice i jus withdraw my refugee case since u said my chance are slim or i we continue with d usa process on the other hand my concern is since i dont have a status in canada for now hope it wont affect my usa filing to come over

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You seem to have filed for asylum in Canada so you would have some sort of legal status which is clearly not what asylum is for. Do you realize it costs $15-20k to process each asylum claim. You need to speak with a U\\d immigration attorney and figure out what steps to take to be reunited with your spouse. Immigration takes time and may require that you go back to your home country for a while. You don't seem to understand that a denied asylum application can cause you a problems for a long time. It will be difficult to travel to other countries if they see you have applied and been denied asylum. It is not something to take lightly. Not sure who recommended you take this route versus whatever route other US citizens who want to marry foreigners take,.

Cip

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
You seem to have filed for asylum in Canada so you would have some sort of legal status which is clearly not what asylum is for. Do you realize it costs $15-20k to process each asylum claim. You need to speak with a U\\d immigration attorney and figure out what steps to take to be reunited with your spouse. Immigration takes time and may require that you go back to your home country for a while. You don't seem to understand that a denied asylum application can cause you a problems for a long time. It will be difficult to travel to other countries if they see you have applied and been denied asylum. It is not something to take lightly. Not sure who recommended you take this route versus whatever route other US citizens who want to marry foreigners take,.
Please kindly help explain the ist two statement /sentence of ur reply not clear to me .Does it mean as a refugee u cant get married during the process? Pls Which fees are you refering to that amounts to $15-20k?. So what can u advice continue with the refugee case while my spouse carry on with d immigration process in usa?

Cip

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Are you saying my chances of getting my refugee approved in canada is slim because i stayed too long in the usa? (jus two days to be out of status)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Please kindly help explain the ist two statement /sentence of ur reply not clear to me .Does it mean as a refugee u cant get married during the process? Pls Which fees are you refering to that amounts to $15-20k?. So what can u advice continue with the refugee case while my spouse carry on with d immigration process in usa?

I am very confused you said you were married. Now it seems like you are not married. You can get married in most countries if you follow their legal requirements for getting married. It is often applying for a marriage license shortly before the wedding, being able to provide multiple pieces of ID and being in the same room. You seem to be filing for refugee status to try to remain in status somewhere close to your husband not because you are an actual refugee. You could have applied for asylum in the US or have investigated the K1 visa program in the US. It cost the Canadian taxpayer lots of money for you to apply then decide whether to renounce your application. You and you boyfriend or husband should have visited a US immigration attorney while you were on your B1/B2 visa. This is a volunteer forum that helps people with Canadian immigration questions. You have been told before but you need legal advice from someone who will tell you which steps you should take to live in the US with your husband or future husband.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Are you saying my chances of getting my refugee approved in canada is slim because i stayed too long in the usa? (jus two days to be out of status)
No it is clear that you were trying to stay in North America. Asylum applications are usually done when the applicant first enters the country because they are in fear foe their lives and are looking for protection. You waited until you were almost out of status so it looks like you were trying to find a way to stay in North America. How long were you in the US?

Cip

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
No it is clear that you were trying to stay in North America. Asylum applications are usually done when the applicant first enters the country because they are in fear foe their lives and are looking for protection. You waited until you were almost out of status so it looks like you were trying to find a way to stay in North America. How long were you in the US?
I left two days (jus two days to complete 6months)before running out of status

Cip

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
I am very confused you said you were married. Now it seems like you are not married. You can get married in most countries if you follow their legal requirements for getting married. It is often applying for a marriage license shortly before the wedding, being able to provide multiple pieces of ID and being in the same room. You seem to be filing for refugee status to try to remain in status somewhere close to your husband not because you are an actual refugee. You could have applied for asylum in the US or have investigated the K1 visa program in the US. It cost the Canadian taxpayer lots of money for you to apply then decide whether to renounce your application. You and you boyfriend or husband should have visited a US immigration attorney while you were on your B1/B2 visa. This is a volunteer forum that helps people with Canadian immigration questions. You have been told before but you need legal advice from someone who will tell you which steps you should take to live in the US with your husband or future husband.
Ok thank you i asked just to be sure i havnt gone against the rules nd regulations of bn a refugee

Cip

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Ok thank you i asked just to be sure i havnt gone against the rules nd regulations of bn a refugee
Please i have another question , do you advice i continue with my refugee case here and when i have refugee travel document i can go to the usa to meet him , will that be possible ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Please i have another question , do you advice i continue with my refugee case here and when i have refugee travel document i can go to the usa to meet him , will that be possible ?
Whether you continue with the refugee case is your choice.

You will still need to obtain a visitor visa to the US even once you have a refugee travel document. Hard to say what the chances of that visitor visa being approved are given your status in Canada and the fact you claimed refugee status after leaving the US. Visa may be approved or may be refused.

Cip

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Whether you continue with the refugee case is your choice.

You will still need to obtain a visitor visa to the US even once you have a refugee travel document. Hard to say what the chances of that visitor visa being approved are given your status in Canada and the fact you claimed refugee status after leaving the US. Visa may be approved or may be refused.
Pls advice me what can i do, the usa forum takes series of approval before u can post anything, thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Pls advice me what can i do, the usa forum takes series of approval before u can post anything, thank you
Sign up for the US forum, wait to be approved - and then post your questions there.