+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

marriage vs foreign worker

searso31

Oct 8, 2010
hi everyone...
im just wondering what the changes of the women status (live-in caregiver) if she marrying a canadian cetizen...

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
No automatic change of status, foreign worker, still TFW. Spouse need to sponsor foreign worker, then wait for decision.

searso31 said:
hi everyone...
im just wondering what the changes of the women status (live-in caregiver) if she marrying a canadian cetizen...

searso31

Oct 8, 2010
so it means if im going to marry my canadian boyfriend im still continue my program?...or it doesnt do anything about it to not get deported?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You don't need to continue with your program. Your spouse (after you get married) need to initiate the sponsorship. If your WP is still valid you can stay on till it expires, and then apply for extension/change of status to that of a visitor once the WP is close to the expiry date; you can wait out for the sponsorship results, but you can't work if the WP has expired and no approval in principle is received.

searso31 said:
so it means if im going to marry my canadian boyfriend im still continue my program?...or it doesnt do anything about it to not get deported?