+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage to a Canadian Citizen

reliable123

May 22, 2013
Dear Sirs/Madams,

Good morning!! I have a question and hope to get the answers in this forum about marriage to a Canadian Citizen. I am
non-Canadian Citizen and I am holding a passport which does NOT require travel visa to Canada if it is 3-months visit each time to Canada. Also, I am now living outside Canada. However, my boyfriend is now living in Canada and he wants to marry me within a year.
So under this situation, I wonder how can he sponsor the visa for me to marry in Canada? Or how can he bring me to Canada to be his legal spouse via marriage either in Canada or outside Canada? Which type of marriage visa is the fastest route for me to join him in Canada via marriage to settle down a happy family together with him? How long does it take to process the marriage visa?

Also, I have heard that if non-Canadian Citizen come to Canada to visit Canadian boyfriend as a tourist and then get married together in Canada right the way, the process for Canadian Citizen to sponsor the legal spouse (non-Canadian Citizen) CONTINUE to live in Canada right after her tourist status is NOT possible------is that true?

I am looking forward to anyone's reply!!
Thanks a lot !!

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
reliable123 said:
Dear Sirs/Madams,

Good morning!! I have a question and hope to get the answers in this forum about marriage to a Canadian Citizen. I am
non-Canadian Citizen and I am holding a passport which does NOT require travel visa to Canada if it is 3-months visit each time to Canada. Also, I am now living outside Canada. However, my boyfriend is now living in Canada and he wants to marry me within a year.
So under this situation, I wonder how can he sponsor the visa for me to marry in Canada?
You will have to come as a visitor or a tourist first.

Or how can he bring me to Canada to be his legal spouse via marriage either in Canada or outside Canada?
He can marry you anywhere in the world, as long as it is recognized by Canada

Which type of marriage visa is the fastest route for me to join him in Canada via marriage to settle down a happy family together with him?
There's only one. Spousal.

How long does it take to process the marriage visa?
Depends on what country you are from. and if you will do inland or outland

Also, I have heard that if non-Canadian Citizen come to Canada to visit Canadian boyfriend as a tourist and then get married together in Canada right the way, the process for Canadian Citizen to sponsor the legal spouse (non-Canadian Citizen) CONTINUE to live in Canada right after her tourist status is NOT possible------is that true?
It's possible so it's not true. You will have to decide whether to do inland or outland. See Leon's post here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html to get a good idea what is best for you and your future husband.

I am looking forward to anyone's reply!!
Thanks a lot !!