+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage & Sponsorship to a Visitor?

Skociuba

Jun 24, 2018
Hey everyone!

I am a Canadian man who has been in an online relationship with a woman from Kenya for 3 years. Much time has passed with no travel visits due to financial circumstances which has now improved. Now, we are looking to find the fastest way to live together as we are absolutely guaranteed that we are fit to be spouses and parents for our children. My question is, can we get married while she comes to Canada with a visitors visa? If we can get married with a visitors visa, we intend that she comes as a visitor, we get married, and then we apply for sponsorship as she resides in Canada as a visitor.

Is this a correct approach to a sponsorship? Does anyone know if this is the easiest approach to getting married and sponsoring a spouse to Canada?

Also does anyone know if there will be any set backs or any sort of issue that we can run into if we went with this approach to sponsorship?

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thank you all!

Note: I tried to summarize this as briefly as possible. If further information is needed to provide a helpful answer I am definitely open to providing more details.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How do you know her children and you get along? Are they coming as visitors as well?

Skociuba

Jun 24, 2018
How do you know her children and you get along? Are they coming as visitors as well?
We are both single, never previously married with no children. I intended we are fit to be parents together having our own children.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey everyone!

I am a Canadian man who has been in an online relationship with a woman from Kenya for 3 years. Much time has passed with no travel visits due to financial circumstances which has now improved. Now, we are looking to find the fastest way to live together as we are absolutely guaranteed that we are fit to be spouses and parents for our children. My question is, can we get married while she comes to Canada with a visitors visa? If we can get married with a visitors visa, we intend that she comes as a visitor, we get married, and then we apply for sponsorship as she resides in Canada as a visitor.

Is this a correct approach to a sponsorship? Does anyone know if this is the easiest approach to getting married and sponsoring a spouse to Canada?

Also does anyone know if there will be any set backs or any sort of issue that we can run into if we went with this approach to sponsorship?

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thank you all!

Note: I tried to summarize this as briefly as possible. If further information is needed to provide a helpful answer I am definitely open to providing more details.
You should visit each other at least once (but preferably 2-3 times before you get married). Marrying during your first trip together is a red flag for IRCC for a marriage of convenience and will put you on track for long processing times and a likely refusal.

She can certainly try to apply for a TRV - however approval is far from guaranteed. If IRCC suspects she is coming here to get married or remain long term, they will refuse the visa. To be approved, she will need to demonstrate very strong ties to her home country and prove she has no plans on remaining in Canada long term.

Good luck.

Skociuba

Jun 24, 2018
You should visit each other at least once (but preferably 2-3 times before you get married). Marrying during your first trip together is a red flag for IRCC for a marriage of convenience and will put you on track for long processing times and a likely refusal.

She can certainly try to apply for a TRV - however approval is far from guaranteed. If IRCC suspects she is coming here to get married or remain long term, they will refuse the visa. To be approved, she will need to demonstrate very strong ties to her home country and prove she has no plans on remaining in Canada long term.

Good luck.
Thank you so much