+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage registration

Chinky16

Mar 10, 2018
Hi all,

Me and my boyfriend are planning to apply for Canada’s PR together. I will be the primary applicant and if we apply as marriage couple the CRS will be 461. We are still in the process of having a court marriage. I had the below doubts and would be really greatful for your valuable inputs:

1.As we cannot make the profile until marriage registration, so till then can both of us get our passport and police verification done?? So that we could save time latter on.

2.After marriage registration, after making the profile if we get an ITA, will the marriage registration certificate be sufficient as the proof of marriage or any additional proofs will be required to prove our marriage? As for now apart from registration we do not plan to perform any marriage ceremonies as of now.

Thanks in advance for your help,

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
1. Yes, you can. But remember that PCC for your country of residence is valid for 6 months only.
2. It is sufficient in most cases.

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Hi all,

Me and my boyfriend are planning to apply for Canada’s PR together. I will be the primary applicant and if we apply as marriage couple the CRS will be 461. We are still in the process of having a court marriage. I had the below doubts and would be really greatful for your valuable inputs:

1.As we cannot make the profile until marriage registration, so till then can both of us get our passport and police verification done?? So that we could save time latter on.

2.After marriage registration, after making the profile if we get an ITA, will the marriage registration certificate be sufficient as the proof of marriage or any additional proofs will be required to prove our marriage? As for now apart from registration we do not plan to perform any marriage ceremonies as of now.

Thanks in advance for your help,
1. Passport with Spouse name? If so, you need marriage certificate for that. Or simply applying for passport, then that has no dependency on the PR process. For PCC, you will be needing your ITA in most of the countries.

2. Marriage certificate would be enough.

Chinky16

Mar 10, 2018
1. Passport with Spouse name? If so, you need marriage certificate for that. Or simply applying for passport, then that has no dependency on the PR process. For PCC, you will be needing your ITA in most of the countries.

2. Marriage certificate would be enough.

Thanks for your reply...the passport is not with spouse name...both of us have our different passports and would apply for PCC separately.

Chinky16

Mar 10, 2018
Also there is another question...I am currently working in a city different from my home town. I am planning to get the PCC done on the address of my hometown which is mentioned on my passport. I got my passport issued around 9 months back on my hometown address while I was still working in a different city. So if I get pcc at my hometown address and in the profile mention the work experience of the different city..will this cause any issue or will it be representation of contradictory information???

Also as my passport was issued 9 months back so will still police verification be done??

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Also there is another question...I am currently working in a city different from my home town. I am planning to get the PCC done on the address of my hometown which is mentioned on my passport. I got my passport issued around 9 months back on my hometown address while I was still working in a different city. So if I get pcc at my hometown address and in the profile mention the work experience of the different city..will this cause any issue or will it be representation of contradictory information???

Also as my passport was issued 9 months back so will still police verification be done??
PCC is mostly given for a country and not for separate cities. If you are applying from the address same as in your passport, then police verification will not be done in most cases.