+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

marriage proof immagration into canada

jack_lawrence

Feb 27, 2011
hi i came to canada on the 12 of september 2010 to be with my long term fiancé.
on the 31 of october we had a halloween based wedding at our friends tattoo parlor performed by a justice of peace there was no real big celebrations like a reception because of lack of money but we plan for one when we renew our vows.
we are worried that immagration wont see this as a real marriage because we had never met in person until she came over to england for 2 weeks befor i flew back with her to canada. there was pictures taken but none were pro again because of lack of money and we could not see why we had to spend all that money for a day that was about our love not about showing off our wealth.
this is a real marridge and i love my wife very much i just dont want to get deported because of our age and (19)(20) because it was a online relationship until recently.
im applying for permenant residancy with my wife as my sponser could someone please put my mind at rest and point out any problem or is it just me worring to much?

waitingintz

Jul 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2010
Doc's Request.
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
File Transfer...
24-08-2010
Med's Done....
22-06-2010
Interview........
waived!!
Passport Req..
16-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22/02/2011
LANDED..........
19-5-2011 (hopefully!)
It's better to worry and spend a lot of time on your application than to think it will be no problem and not send in enough. Many of those who get rejected are rejected because they didn't take it seriously and didn't submit enough evidence.

On the other hand, not having met in person does not mean you will get rejected. Just take your application seriously, submit tons of evidence and you have the same chance as anyone else.

Your wedding will be considered a real wedding as long as you have a legit marraige certificate. Lots of people can't afford or don't want a big expensive wedding. If you don't have lots of photos, get your friends and family to write statements about the wedding (and your relationship as a whole).

Since you didn't meet in person that long ago, make sure you submit lots of evidence of your online relationship - emails, phone calls, skype chats, etc.

You won't get deported because of your age difference but it sounds like you are currently in Canada on a visitor visa... make sure you either get an extention or leave the country before it expires. Overstaying may get you deported.

If you are from the UK, I hope someone has advised you to apply outland rather than inland...

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
jack_lawrence said:
why outland?
Read this: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html
And this: http://immipedia.ca/Overseas_vs_In_Canada

jack_lawrence

Feb 27, 2011
o i see the prosses times double, well i kinda dont have a choice now because finding a job again in england might take that long anyway then to save an pay for the forms im looking at 5 years or so
just worries if we need an interveiw im terrible at them and even though every word will be the truth i dont want them to inturpret my nerves as lying