+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

marriage of convenience reported wife was called in for assessment...

chuckd

Jun 26, 2017
Hi guys, I have reported my spouse for immigration fraud marriage of convenience. My wife was called in for "assessment". It looks like immigration thinks that my marriage might be a fraud. My question is, since they called in my wife for assessment how likely is it that her PR is going to be revoked? She could have told them all kinds of lies about me like she was abused or God knows what. I haven't been called in for an interview so I could respond to accusations if she made any against me. Is this a good sign for me that they haven't called me in or do they just believe women once "abuse" is claimed? How can I find out anything about the case or should I contact immigration asking for a interview?

Thanks for your time.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately it's really impossible for any of us to say what the chances are of her PR being revoked. Since they've called her - this means they are certainly investigating. As for whether this will result in her losing her PR status - no one can give you the odds.

CIC will not give you an update on the case or share any information with you about the status of the case since this information is confidential.

chuckd

Jun 26, 2017
Why didn't they call me in for interview? What does that mean? Wouldn't they want to hear my response if my wife accuses me of something? Should I ask to speak to them?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I would suspect that IRCC would be looking for police reports or other legal documentation if she made accusations against you. Besides, it’s about her status, not yours. You can ask, but they won’t tell you anything. The privacy act protects her information.

chuckd

Jun 26, 2017
What? It would be suspect if IRCC would ask for police reports? Are they just going to believe her accusations without any proofs?

chuckd

Jun 26, 2017
Now she does have PR for little over a year. She tired to leave couple of weeks after PR but left less than a year after receiving PR. I have told my story to immigration and obviously they are looking at the case, so what kind of proof can I provide other than telling about her behavior?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
It won’t matter if she has had her PR for a year or 5 years at this point. She is obviously being investigated (and IRCC obviously took your report seriously and found some reason to question her), so if she’s is found to have entered marriage of convenience, she will loose her status. She can appeal, but at this point you have done all you can and honestly, no longer your concern.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
What? It would be suspect if IRCC would ask for police reports? Are they just going to believe her accusations without any proofs?
Of course they aren't going to just believe her. They base their decisions on actual evidence. She would need to show police reports, hospital reports, shelter reports etc.

chuckd

Jun 26, 2017
Yes, I would think that she needs to prove it all. Anyway when I faxed the report it took them a week to send her a letter asking to come in. So how long do you guys suppose it takes for them to make a decision? Do they decide shortly after interview or they shelf the case and it takes months or years?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes, I would think that she needs to prove it all. Anyway when I faxed the report it took them a week to send her a letter asking to come in. So how long do you guys suppose it takes for them to make a decision? Do they decide shortly after interview or they shelf the case and it takes months or years?
I would expect many months. Revoking someone's PR is taken very seriously and time is taken to make a decision. And of course it's very possible they make allow her to keep her PR status if they feel there isn't sufficient evidence to prove a marriage of convenience - but rather it's just a relationship that went sour once she arrived.

chuckd

Jun 26, 2017
Thanks guys for all the answers. One more question... is it possible that IRCC will ask me to come in for interview or they never ask people who report fraud to come in?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks guys for all the answers. One more question... is it possible that IRCC will ask me to come in for interview or they never ask people who report fraud to come in?
I think anything is possible. However based on what we've seen on this forum - typically this doesn't seem to happen. Instead, CIC will place the onus on your ex-spouse to prove the relationship was genuine and not entered into primarily to facilitate PR status in Canada. But again, anything is possible...

yawarpower

Aug 13, 2021
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
toronto
I sponsored this woman from Indonesia. She arrived in Canada in September 2019. she starting acting weird from day 2 when she told me that i was a monster and she wanted to go back. I begged her to stay. took care of her. put 10K in her checking account and gave her my credit card. she became very abusive, physically and mentally and she was hoping that i would leave her, but I didn't because I kept saying to myself, maybe its because she is away from her country, maybe its too cold, maybe she's lonely ( because I worked 12 hours a day)

I lived a terrible life, but I kept trying as I had spent all my savings to bring her here and I was still in hope that I could have a partner,

She made her move in Feb. 28, 2020 when she called the Police and had me arrested for assault. I couldn't go back home, lost my income due to the pandemic and didn't have the money to pay for somewhere else to live so I went back home.

my court date was in April but it got postponed indefinitely because of the pandemic

From March 2020 to July 2020 I lived with her in fear because of the conditions of my release order and the restraining order, but I put a hidden camera in the house to protect myself.

during that period of time, I was physically assaulted on dozens of occasions, threatened to be put in jail if i dont do something she liked.

I was able to convince her that look, you got your PR card, I dont have any money to pay rent and pay for 5 people ( I have 2 kids and she has one from previous marriage) so we decided to break off the marriage and she went back to Indonesia.

I moved out of my two bedroom apartment and moved into a one bedroom and she didn't know where i moved to.

after 3 week she texted me and asked me for my address and told me that she is sending divorce papers. so I gave her my address and had a short conversation with her.

A day after that she called me and told me that she misses me and wants to come back. I told her no way.....so she threatened me that she will show my text the police if i didn't send her 3000$ for tickets to Toronto. I had no choice but to let her come back otherwise I would have been arrested again and be in more trouble than I already was.

she came back with her 12 year old daughter and starting living with me.

two days later I caught her having an affair with another man. I spoke to the man and he told me that she met him on a Islamic marriage site where people look for spouses ( not a dating site) which explained to me her motive of marrying me, getting sponsored, coming to Canada and dumping me for a RICH guy

unfortunately she became pregnant within a few days after her arrival, kid looks like me

after she became pregnant her attitude towards me worsened and now she started destroying the house and when I got tired of her abuse, I called the police so I could show them the videos, but they didn't hear me one bit and arrested me for breach of release order. i spent 5 days in etobicoke Jail because the cops didn't let me take my phone with me.

after I got out of jail, I rented a shithole room. a day after that I got fired from my job at a Very prestigious Audi dealership in Toronto.

I lived there for a week and she started calling me again and telling me how sorry she was and that she needs me because she is pregnant and the dummy I am went back to her.

my living situation did not change, the beatings continued, the verbal assaults continued.

but I put up with it as I felt sorry for her and my son inside her.

february came and finally my court date. my assault case was dismissed but I had to plead guilty to the breach. One year peace bond.

My son was born may 6 2020. two weeks after she tells me that she is leaving me. she had applied for subsidized housing and was able to secure a nice 4 bedroom townhouse in Toronto where she pays almost no rent.

She also threatend that if I ever try to come near her, she will call the police and have me arrested and she also said that I will never see my son again.

SO I called the police, showed some videos....they charged her with 3 counts of assault and one count of mischeif.

her court date in 10 days from now.

I have also called CBSA and filed a complain for marriage fraud. lets see what happens as she is the mother of a canadian child.

moral of the story........put hidden cameras in the house.

I doubt if she will get deported, but at least my ass is saves. now she has no credibility with the police.

She almost completely destroyed my life, I lost all my life savings ( over 150K), lost the best job I had, alienated my other 2 young kids, charged with assault, ended up in jail twice, almost lost my mind, but the great news is.....never got covid.

She was an amazing scammer, and extremely beautiful.

be careful my Canadian brothers and sister. be very careful.