+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage Inside or Outside Canada?

itsraining

Feb 20, 2014
Experts, please advice on my case and help me choose the best option?

I am Female, Chinese national currently in China. My boyfriend is from India, currently in Canada on PR visa. We met each other while studying in Europe.

1. Now, my boyfriend is a PR in Canada. He finished the 'Landing' procedure a month ago.

2. I would like to marry my boyfriend ASAP and stay with him. But I would like to return China this July for writing an exam and would like to return Canada.

Which among these options is the good one?

- Going to Canada on a visit visa and getting married and file for PR
- Asking my boyfriend to come to China or India to get married and then applying for PR

Thank you very much for everyones time and help.

adityavarma12

Nov 25, 2013
since he has a pr in canada, once u get married i dont think ull have any prob with visa for u as well.. i would recommend u first get married anywhere (china or india) take your marriage certificate and add it to your profile and apply for visa..

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
itsraining said:
2. I would like to marry my boyfriend ASAP and stay with him. But I would like to return China this July for writing an exam and would like to return Canada.
It doesn't matter at all where you get married, so just do whichever is more convenient to you.

If you intend to be in China while the application is processing, then either way you will file an Outland application that will be processed in either the HK or Beijing visa office.

During the processing, if you want to travel to Canada you will need to apply for/get approved for a TRV.

Also note that since your spouse is a PR, he will need to reside in Canada during the entire application process (but could leave for short/temporary vacations).

itsraining

Feb 20, 2014
Thank you very much for your suggestions.

I am going to go ahead and reach Canada on a visit visa and get married.