+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage Fraud Victim

Pandacitaa

Nov 6, 2019
Hello,

I have fell victim to marriage fraud, I met an Albanian man via Tinder. He romanced me and eventually persuaded me into marriage him so we can stay together. While he was here in Canada, I paid for EVERYTHING during our relationship, he contributed anything. While he was here, he physically assaulted me, I called the police on him and reported the domestic occurrence. He completed all the programs and informed he was going to change. Of course that did not happen and I still sponsored him....
Now that he has received his sponsorship papers, he has become even more obnoxious and started calling me names. I was wondering if there’s any I can do at this point ? He is still in Albania and has landed in Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I have fell victim to marriage fraud, I met an Albanian man via Tinder. He romanced me and eventually persuaded me into marriage him so we can stay together. While he was here in Canada, I paid for EVERYTHING during our relationship, he contributed anything. While he was here, he physically assaulted me, I called the police on him and reported the domestic occurrence. He completed all the programs and informed he was going to change. Of course that did not happen and I still sponsored him....
Now that he has received his sponsorship papers, he has become even more obnoxious and started calling me names. I was wondering if there’s any I can do at this point ? He is still in Albania and has landed in Canada.
Sorry for your experience.

You can try reporting him for marriage fraud. You will need to provide evidence that he married you for the sole purpose of gaining status in Canada. Details on how to file a report are below:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/protect-fraud/report-fraud.html

Unfortunately it's not possible for any of us to say if IRCC will take action or not. It will depend on the details of your situation.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately after a person lands it becomes very hard to lose PR. Would focus on getting a divorce and moving on.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
He’s not willing to sign the divorce papers
Once you have been separated for a year, you can file for divorce. It doesn't matter if he agrees or not.