+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage fraud - tax dollars at work

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think Canada is still naive when it comes to arresting these low lives. They should adopt the British way of dealing with marriage fraud problems. After all we are part of common wealth

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Baloo said:
So what ten things would you want changed?
1. If found guilty of marriage fraud
i) Jail Term
ii) $5000 fine
iii) Deportation (iris and finger print scan (to prevent coming on another passport with a different identity) and debarred from entering Canada for 10 years )
2. Surprise visits by immigration officials at your door step
3. 3 years mandatory live together clause
4. Conditional stay for sponsored person
5. Optional yearly review of couple for up to 3 years to access how their relationship is doing
6. Special 1-800 number for victims of marriage fraud
7. Conditional work permit and social security number for sponsored person
8. Conditional travel for sponsored person (cannot be outside canada for more then 3 month in 3 years period)
9. and 10. I have yet to think about, maybe I should apply for immigration minister :)

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newtone said:
1. If found guilty of marriage fraud
i) Jail Term
ii) $5000 fine
iii) Deportation (iris and finger print scan (to prevent coming on another passport with a different identity) and debarred from entering Canada for 10 years )
2. Surprise visits by immigration officials at your door step
3. 3 years mandatory live together clause
4. Conditional stay for sponsored person
5. Optional yearly review of couple for up to 3 years to access how their relationship is doing
6. Special 1-800 number for victims of marriage fraud
7. Conditional work permit and social security number for sponsored person
8. Conditional travel for sponsored person (cannot be outside canada for more then 3 month in 3 years period)
9. and 10. I have yet to think about, maybe I should apply for immigration minister :)
I will wait for 10 - Maybe I would vote for you :)

Let me play devils advocate here...

What happens if item 3 is in place and one partner starts abusing the other?

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'll tell you once I get the vote ............. lol

Unfortunately abuse is something that needs to be looked at carefully, however for obvious reasons benefit of the doubt should be given to Canadian citizens. Here are some reasons:

1. This person was sponsored by the Canadian in the first place, if it werent for him/her they wouldn't be here in the first place......RIGHT????
2. This person can choose to leave the relationship within 3 years and if he stays in Canada he will automatically be considered illegal. If he leaves Canada no charges will be laid. He/She can always go back to his/her home country and apply as a skilled worker and join the long wait. Its simple......whats important Canada or your lover...... If its canada then go back and join the long line if its your lover them patch things up with them. This way the responsibility is shifted or falls on to the sponsored person rather then the poor canadian citizen....I think its fair. If both are important then sort things out.

08jas11

Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hallo everyone

I have a question I married my husband in Nov 2012 and we met on facebook and he purposed me and everything started...now after coming to canada after one year he left me i didn't knew his intentions before coz he was always being very nice to me and suddenly in jan he decided to leave without even giving me any explanation i tried to call him my, parents tried calling him again he is not giving any positive response.....i dnt knw wats in his mind, my parents even visited his grandfather and his grandfather told my parents to take some money to end the topic here..I m so pissed off dont know wat to do.....and when i gave him his PR card he told me that he will not need me anymore in future for his paper work...i was so m,adly in love wit him that time that i didn't realize that why he was saying that to me.....pls help ...plss

Marlee

Jan 16, 2014
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ: BIQ New York; QSW: CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ: 14-01-2014, QSW: 08-12-2014
Doc's Request.
13-11-2015
Nomination.....
DM: 07-01-2016, CSQ: 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ: 14-05-2014, QSW: 26-03-2015
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.5 - TEFÀQ C1/C1
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waiver
Passport Req..
Visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 14-01-2016
LANDED..........
17-01-2016
08jas11 said:
hallo everyone

I have a question I married my husband in Nov 2012 and we met on facebook and he purposed me and everything started...now after coming to canada after one year he left me i didn't knew his intentions before coz he was always being very nice to me and suddenly in jan he decided to leave without even giving me any explanation i tried to call him my, parents tried calling him again he is not giving any positive response.....i dnt knw wats in his mind, my parents even visited his grandfather and his grandfather told my parents to take some money to end the topic here..I m so pissed off dont know wat to do.....and when i gave him his PR card he told me that he will not need me anymore in future for his paper work...i was so m,adly in love wit him that time that i didn't realize that why he was saying that to me.....pls help ...plss
I am so, so very sorry to hear that. This is just brutal. What an A$$HOLE!
I am sure there is something you can do. If this happened after 1 year of landing, I am sure he can get his PR seized by the government. Do not let anyone get away with something like that! Breaking your heart to this extend just for his own benefit - karma will find him and screw him badly, don't you worry about that!! Talk to CIC about this! Get a lawyer! He needs to be kicked out of this country ASAP! No one deserves anything like this - NO ONE!

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
So sorry to hear that. Two important questions:
1. were you in a relationship for 2 years or more before marriage?
2. did you have any kids together before you applied?

If the answer is NO to both questions, then it is likely that his COPR (confirmation of permanent residence document) has 'condition 51' on it, which means his PR is conditional and he is required to live with you for 2 years. Since he left one year after landing, you can report him to CBSA(border services) and CIC for failing to meet that condition and for deceiving you. They will investigate and he could be deported. Unfortunately, they probably won't tell you anything they are doing to him (privacy reasons).

Hopefully, he is working and not collecting welfare. Also gather any evidence you have to make your case stronger.

08jas11 said:
hallo everyone

08jas11

Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SenoritaBella said:
So sorry to hear that. Two important questions:
1. were you in a relationship for 2 years or more before marriage?
2. did you have any kids together before you applied?

If the answer is NO to both questions, then it is likely that his COPR (confirmation of permanent residence document) has 'condition 51' on it, which means his PR is conditional and he is required to live with you for 2 years. Since he left one year after landing, you can report him to CBSA(border services) and CIC for failing to meet that condition and for deceiving you. They will investigate and he could be deported. Unfortunately, they probably won't tell you anything they are doing to him (privacy reasons).

Hopefully, he is working and not collecting welfare. Also gather any evidence you have to make your case stronger.

Hi thnx so much for reply

Yes we had two years of long distance relationship before we got married canada. chats on facebook and skype and yahoo and i only met him once before i got married in

No we dnt have kids

if i complain now wat cic is going to do...i have his recording where he was saying to me that " you don't knw what i can do its better for you to know" i don't know if i can provide that as evidence if i complain........

08jas11

Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Marlee said:
I am so, so very sorry to hear that. This is just brutal. What an A$$HOLE!
I am sure there is something you can do. If this happened after 1 year of landing, I am sure he can get his PR seized by the government. Do not let anyone get away with something like that! Breaking your heart to this extend just for his own benefit - karma will find him and screw him badly, don't you worry about that!! Talk to CIC about this! Get a lawyer! He needs to be kicked out of this country ASAP! No one deserves anything like this - NO ONE!

thnx for the reply..he was also forcing me to apply for his parents however i dont have any proof of that...yes i pray to god to do justice... i m not sure if he has conditional PR...i do have photocopy of all his documents except landing papers

08jas11

Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
he has visitor visa refusal before two times also....i dnt knw if dat information is helpful or not