+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage fraud accomplice

%%%%%

Apr 28, 2011
My question is :
What could happen to a permanent resident who entered into a ungenuine marriage just to make some money ? Can they be denied their Permanent Resident status and get deported as well ?

Is it possible to happen as described on this site :
http://canadiansagainstimmigrationfraud.com/Law.php

I have read alot of forums regarding immigration maters , unfortunately I did not find the answer I was looking for .
I know there are a lot of people who lie to Canadian citizens/permanent reisdents , they are in love with in order to get their ticket to Canada , but after they get their paper they run away and if you can prove they lied to you there are a some chances they get deported .

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
%%%%% said:
My question is :
What could happen to a permanent resident who entered into a ungenuine marriage just to make some money ? Can they be denied their Permanent Resident status and get deported as well ?

What was written on the link is directly from the Immigration and Reguee Protection Act so if a PR entered into a marriage with fraudlent intentions, they could be accused of Misrepresentation and be found inadmissible to Canada. So yes, it's possible. They can also be charged criminally for acts agains IRPA and I think the fines are more likely but if they wanted to make an example out of someone, you never know.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
%%%%% said:
My question is :

I have read alot of forums regarding immigration maters , unfortunately I did not find the answer I was looking for .
I know there are a lot of people who lie to Canadian citizens/permanent reisdents , they are in love with in order to get their ticket to Canada , but after they get their paper they run away and if you can prove they lied to you there are a some chances they get deported .
Yes there are quite a few people who lie and cheat the system, this is made easier by the fact that Canadian laws governing punishment to these kinds of criminal acts are draconian and backward. Due to the fact of immigration laws in other countries are so strict they take advantage of Canadian generosity. Abuse of such nature will continue until someone decided to put a stop to this. Lets take an example, whats the worst that can happen if you are found guilty of killing someone, you'll be put in jail with no chance of parole for 15 years, in jail you get three meals a day, have the right to free education, right to publish a book, cable tv, high speed internet, access to fitness center and swimming pool and after you've served your term you are allowed to freely assimilate with the Canadian society. Oh yes and the Canadian tax payers pay for all his expenses in jail. Back where I come from if you kill someone the government will kill you its plain and simple therefore one has to think twice before even taking a step like that.