+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage/Divorce Date

cindyu

Mar 21, 2016
Hi,

Does anyone know if the Express Entry profile asks for the date of marriage and/or divorce? I'm trying to remember because I might have entered the wrong dates if they had asked. I received an ITA and the PR application asks for exact dates of marriage and divorce. I was pretty sure about both, but upon checking my legal documents, it turned out that the dates were all different. I know this sounds weird and embarrassing, but what I had always thought the marriage start date was not the same as the legal marriage date on papers. The same thing with the divorce later. There was a three-month wait period until the divorce became final, and I did not realize that. I thought it was final the day we signed the divorce agreement. So anyways, now I'm worried that if I submitted my PR application, they would reject it because the dates I entered in the Express Entry don't match the dates I entered in the PR. I'm considering to decline my ITA because of this.

Upon going back to my EE profile, I couldn't see any fields that ask for the marriage/divorce dates, only the marital status, but everything is grayed out so I'm not sure if they are actually showing the whole application since my entry is locked right now. Anyone in the middle of completing their Express Entry? Could you please let me know if CIC asks for marriage/divorce dates or just the marital status?

Thank you in advance!!