+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage date problem

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I got married on May 1st 2018. After my marriage and after my spouse received his IELTS results (which was May 6th 2018), I updated my EE profile and added him to my application as a spouse. I received an ITA on May 23rd 2018.

However, because we did not hand in the necessary documents required to obtain a marriage certificate within the first 7 days after marriage, the date on my marriage certificate is now going to be June 5th.

How do I go about this situation? Should I put in my original ceremony date (which is May 1st 2018) and then right a letter of explanation explaining the different dates (I can attach a copy of my wedding invitation). Or is there another way to go about this situation?
Wait for another ITA. If you got ITA on 23rd May, you probably will get ITA the next draw since the score is coming down anyway.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Hello,

I got married on May 1st 2018. After my marriage and after my spouse received his IELTS results (which was May 6th 2018), I updated my EE profile and added him to my application as a spouse. I received an ITA on May 23rd 2018.

However, because we did not hand in the necessary documents required to obtain a marriage certificate within the first 7 days after marriage, the date on my marriage certificate is now going to be June 5th.

How do I go about this situation? Should I put in my original ceremony date (which is May 1st 2018) and then right a letter of explanation explaining the different dates (I can attach a copy of my wedding invitation). Or is there another way to go about this situation?
Date of issue on the certificate and the date on which the wedding occurred can be different. Both should be mentioned on the certificate.

nikitha

May 18, 2018
I am in the same boat too. Could you guide me please
Marriage date - 7th July 2017
Date of registration - 13th April 2018. ( Actual marriage date -7th July 2017 mentioned in the certificate)

Will it make sense if I explain in LOE that i did not get a chance to register my marriage immediately after the actual marriage.I decided to pursue an application for express entry early 2018 and got to know marriage certificate is mandatory document for express entry and hence registered 9 months later?

dhrtishah

Mar 20, 2018
I am in the same boat too. Could you guide me please
Marriage date - 7th July 2017
Date of registration - 13th April 2018. ( Actual marriage date -7th July 2017 mentioned in the certificate)

Will it make sense if I explain in LOE that i did not get a chance to register my marriage immediately after the actual marriage.I decided to pursue an application for express entry early 2018 and got to know marriage certificate is mandatory document for express entry and hence registered 9 months later?
Hello,
I actually called up CIC to see what I should do. They suggested, I explain my situation in the LOE and provide any proof of the wedding taking place e.g. time/date stamped photos, wedding invite, a letter from your community etc.

nikitha

May 18, 2018
Hello,
I actually called up CIC to see what I should do. They suggested, I explain my situation in the LOE and provide any proof of the wedding taking place e.g. time/date stamped photos, wedding invite, a letter from your community etc.
Thank you so much for clarifying @dhrtishah. I will attach all the proof's i have.