+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage Certificate

Sep 20, 2018
Hello

I am applying for PR under Express Entry along with my wife. We presently reside in India. I recently registered my marriage online on the Government Website and was provided with the E-copy of the Marriage Certificate (no hard copy will be provided since it was issued online).

At the bottom of the Certificate, there is a note "This Certificate is auto generated from web based system. It does not need to be signed. Certificate can be verified using certificate website www.igrsup.gov.in of Stamp and Registration Department Govt. of U.P. India."

This is a legal document in India as it is provided by the Government of India and can be verified online on the Government Website. Since, the Marriage Certificate does not bear the stamp or signature of any government official except for the Emblem of the Government of India and Government of the State, i am not sure whether this will be accepted as the Proof of Marriage.

Does anyone know whether this will be accepted by the Embassy of Canada as a Certificate of Marriage? Can anyone help me with this. Thanking you in anticipation.

richamishra

Oct 9, 2019
Hello

I am applying for PR under Express Entry along with my wife. We presently reside in India. I recently registered my marriage online on the Government Website and was provided with the E-copy of the Marriage Certificate (no hard copy will be provided since it was issued online).

At the bottom of the Certificate, there is a note "This Certificate is auto generated from web based system. It does not need to be signed. Certificate can be verified using certificate website www.igrsup.gov.in of Stamp and Registration Department Govt. of U.P. India."

This is a legal document in India as it is provided by the Government of India and can be verified online on the Government Website. Since, the Marriage Certificate does not bear the stamp or signature of any government official except for the Emblem of the Government of India and Government of the State, i am not sure whether this will be accepted as the Proof of Marriage.

Does anyone know whether this will be accepted by the Embassy of Canada as a Certificate of Marriage? Can anyone help me with this. Thanking you in anticipation.
I am also in the same situation. Could you please let me know, what did you do in this case? And was the online marriage certificate by Uttar Pradesh Government accepted by Canadian Embassy?