+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage Certificate or Copy of an Act of Marriage

Tazim123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2016
Hello good people,

We received 2 papers, such as 1. Marriage Certificate and 2. Copy of an Act of Marriage from Quebec Civil Department.
Q1: Which one do I have to use for PR Application ( Spouse Sponsor) ?
Q2: Do I have to send original copy or photocopy?
Q3: ( Police Clearance) Do I have to sent the original copy of Police Clearance or the photocopy?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Original police report is required. If you look at the checklist, the checklist ask for photocopies of documents in each section of the list except under police certificate. It says that the report must come from the country at this time. Country does not issue photocopies. They issue originals. It doesn't ask for photocopies of police certificate much like the parts of the checklist. Same for translation of documents, it must also be original.

Reactions: DiiDii and Tazim123

addicted2tennis

Jul 10, 2020
Original police report is required. If you look at the checklist, the checklist ask for photocopies of documents in each section of the list except under police certificate. It says that the report must come from the country at this time. Country does not issue photocopies. They issue originals. It doesn't ask for photocopies of police certificate much like the parts of the checklist. Same for translation of documents, it must also be original.
Hi Screech,

if I have to send the original police certificate to IRCC, do you know if Quebec will also ask for one when I'll apply for CSQ? In case they do, will a certified true copy be enough or will I have to request another police certificate from my own country?

Thank you very much for your help!

Damiano

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Hi Screech,

if I have to send the original police certificate to IRCC, do you know if Quebec will also ask for one when I'll apply for CSQ? In case they do, will a certified true copy be enough or will I have to request another police certificate from my own country?

Thank you very much for your help!

Damiano
Quebec will not be asking for police report. Quebec is only interested in CSQ requirement.

UReginahopeful

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Can one mail in extra document after submission? I realized my PCC in the package i sent is the coloured printed scanned copy of the original and not the actual original. They received my original package today via tracking, but noticing the mistake, I will like to mail my original PCC. Any advice on how to go about it?