+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage Certificate / Licence: Nikah Nama

saskwaiting

Apr 24, 2017
Hi All, specially Pakistani applicants who have received subject documents requirement from CIC.
I have received email from CIC today to provide "Marriage Certificate / Licence: Nikah Nama".
Even though I have already submited Marriage Certificate issued from NADRA but I'm now confused that CIC is asking for "Marriage Certificate / Licence: Nikah Nama" is this URDU Nikah Nama needs to be translated in English? Certified Nadra issued Marriage Certificate is already with me, even it was provided while submitting Express Entry application. Urgent help is much appreciated.

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All, specially Pakistani applicants who have received subject documents requirement from CIC.
I have received email from CIC today to provide "Marriage Certificate / Licence: Nikah Nama".
Even though I have already submited Marriage Certificate issued from NADRA but I'm now confused that CIC is asking for "Marriage Certificate / Licence: Nikah Nama" is this URDU Nikah Nama needs to be translated in English? Certified Nadra issued Marriage Certificate is already with me, even it was provided while submitting Express Entry application. Urgent help is much appreciated.
Normally, the marriage is in Urdu and English.
If its not, get it translated to English and submit both

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
Normally, the marriage is in Urdu and English.
If its not, get it translated to English and submit both
Can a nikah nama be translater by only certified translators or any notary public's office can do it for us?

saskwaiting

Apr 24, 2017
Can a nikah nama be translater by only certified translators or any notary public's office can do it for us?
Nikah Nama should be Translated from Certified Translators, CIC clearly mentions in ADR that Notarized documents are not accepted. So it should be simply Translated from Certified Translators. When you send them English translation, attached original Nikah Nama copy as well.

In my case because I live in Dubai, so my English Nikah Nama was attested from Pakistan Foreign Affairs, which is a certification itself.

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
Nikah Nama should be Translated from Certified Translators, CIC clearly mentions in ADR that Notarized documents are not accepted. So it should be simply Translated from Certified Translators. When you send them English translation, attached original Nikah Nama copy as well.

In my case because I live in Dubai, so my English Nikah Nama was attested from Pakistan Foreign Affairs, which is a certification itself.
I couldnt find any certified translator in my city. What i did was, I went to the notary public, who translated the document for me, and then notarized both the photocopy of the original as well as the translated document. Also he gave me an affidavit for his translation that he is fluent in both the languages etc and that the document is a faithful translation of the original. Am i still in a problem? :confused:

Ginni0890

Jun 30, 2017
One issue regarding marriage certificate. Delhi Govt issue only online marriage certificate with digital signatures. can i produce soft copy downloaded or hard copy fully signed .

saskwaiting

Apr 24, 2017
I couldnt find any certified translator in my city. What i did was, I went to the notary public, who translated the document for me, and then notarized both the photocopy of the original as well as the translated document. Also he gave me an affidavit for his translation that he is fluent in both the languages etc and that the document is a faithful translation of the original. Am i still in a problem? :confused:
Sorry for late reply, which city are you in? Can you send your document to nearest city where any of your friend or relative can take it to a Certifiied Translator to get it translated. Try to find how to get it done.

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
Sorry for late reply, which city are you in? Can you send your document to nearest city where any of your friend or relative can take it to a Certifiied Translator to get it translated. Try to find how to get it done.
No problem at all. And thanks for the reply. Well, I'll try to find one. In the meanwhile to be on the safe side, keeping just two weeks available to me, I took it to a law firm, and got it translated from them, and then got affidavit of that translator who is an employee there and does translations, and afterwards got it notarized from the notary public. I am still on the look for certified translators though. I am in Peshawar by the way.

saskwaiting

Apr 24, 2017
No problem at all. And thanks for the reply. Well, I'll try to find one. In the meanwhile to be on the safe side, keeping just two weeks available to me, I took it to a law firm, and got it translated from them, and then got affidavit of that translator who is an employee there and does translations, and afterwards got it notarized from the notary public. I am still on the look for certified translators though. I am in Peshawar by the way.
Dear Since you have two weeks left, I suggest you contact a translation office in Islamabad;

Erum Associates Translation Office
5-A, Unit # 622, Aabpara Market, Islamabad (Pak), Phone 051-2603080, 051-4321432
cell: 03455184175

Call them, and discuss with them your case. My suggestion is you send them clear scan copy of Nikkah Nama on email, ask them to provide account number so you can transfer fee to them, and in two days you will have all this finished. Hopefully they will be able to help you on this, and you don't have to personally visit Islamabad for all this. All the Best.

Reactions: omarkhan

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
Dear Since you have two weeks left, I suggest you contact a translation office in Islamabad;

Erum Associates Translation Office
5-A, Unit # 622, Aabpara Market, Islamabad (Pak), Phone 051-2603080, 051-4321432
cell: 03455184175

Call them, and discuss with them your case. My suggestion is you send them clear scan copy of Nikkah Nama on email, ask them to provide account number so you can transfer fee to them, and in two days you will have all this finished. Hopefully they will be able to help you on this, and you will don't have to personally Islamabad for all this. All the Best.
Great! Thank you very much. This was very very helpful of you. I'll ring them right now. Stay blessed.