+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage certificate for parents in Super Visa

nirjhar18

Apr 2, 2019
Hi,

I am planning to apply for a super visa for my parents and would like to combine the application for my father and mother. My mother is dependent on my father so it makes more sense to combine the applications.

It looks like you need a marriage certificate from your parents when you are combining the application. My parents do not have a marriage certificate.

Has anyone experienced this scenario? If yes, did you guys submit a separate application or were able to apply for a marriage certificate in India or only submitted the passport which clearly shows the name of the spouse.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hi,

I am planning to apply for a super visa for my parents and would like to combine the application for my father and mother. My mother is dependent on my father so it makes more sense to combine the applications.

It looks like you need a marriage certificate from your parents when you are combining the application. My parents do not have a marriage certificate.

Has anyone experienced this scenario? If yes, did you guys submit a separate application or were able to apply for a marriage certificate in India or only submitted the passport which clearly shows the name of the spouse.
Hi,
I am also in the same situation.
Any help on marriage certificate?
Thanks

asifhasan1312

Jun 9, 2021
Hi,
I am also in the same situation.
Any help on marriage certificate?
Thanks
Hi,

Did you guys find alternative for marriage certificate?
Can you please help what documents we can show instead of marriage certificate?

Please suggest.

Thanks and Regards

arti.tekwani

Jun 2, 2015
Hi

I am looking for help on marriage certificate too, please let me know if someone has approved format of marriage affidavit ?

Thanks!

hydrakanth

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
If you can't find a marriage certificate for your parents, you can use a marraige affidavit (annexure D) made on a Rs. 20 non-judicial stamp paper. Both your parents passport size photos will be fixed on to the affidavit and both have to sign the affidavit.