+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage Certificate date after ITA date while EE says married

parvathyrajan

Jan 16, 2017
Hi all,

My husband and I submitted our marriage application early December 2016. The marriage process in India takes 30 days and our marriage registration was completed on Jan 9th, 2017. In the meantime, we created our EE profile (in his name but including me as his spouse) and we got an ITA earlier than we had anticipated - on Jan 4th, 2017. Now, our marriage certificate is dated Jan 9th, while our ITA is dated Jan 4th when we were only in the process of getting married (marriage registration was not completed by 4th).

Will this be an issue while we submit the documents - will this be treated as misinterpretation of facts? We have 459 points as of now. Is it safe to decline the invite and wait or should we go ahead with it?

Reactions: Meysiolio

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
parvathyrajan said:
Hi all,

My husband and I submitted our marriage application early December 2016. The marriage process in India takes 30 days and our marriage registration was completed on Jan 9th, 2017. In the meantime, we created our EE profile (in his name but including me as his spouse) and we got an ITA earlier than we had anticipated - on Jan 4th, 2017. Now, our marriage certificate is dated Jan 9th, while our ITA is dated Jan 4th when we were only in the process of getting married (marriage registration was not completed by 4th).

Will this be an issue while we submit the documents - will this be treated as misinterpretation of facts? We have 459 points as of now. Is it safe to decline the invite and wait or should we go ahead with it?
This should not be an issue in my opinion. EE profile is not a formal application to CIC, it's just your active profile in the pool as a candidate for immigration should there be an ITA issued.

What matters is what you submit in your e-APR, and that should be true on the day you submit it.

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parvathyrajan said:
Hi all,

Registration date is not the Marriage date. You marriage certificate should stat that date as well.

I believe Indian Marriage certificate is like "ABC was married to XYZ on this date(Marriage Date) and registration was completed on this date.(Registration Date)"

As long as Marriage Date is Pre-ITA you are fine.

parvathyrajan

Jan 16, 2017
- Marriage date as per the certificate is 9th Jan, 2017 but marriage application was submitted on 5th December, 2016
- ITA date is 4th Jan, 2017

We have not accepted the ITA yet.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
parvathyrajan said:
- Marriage date as per the certificate is 9th Jan, 2017 but marriage application was submitted on 5th December, 2016
- ITA date is 4th Jan, 2017

We have not accepted the ITA yet.
Declining the ITA won't be very wise as your CRS is just at the borderline.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
parvathyrajan said:
But will this be treated as misinterpretation of data? If so, we could be banned for 5 years, right?
Not advisable to proceed if the marriage date mentioned in certificate is after 4th. Taking a risk in declining ITA might just prolong your application for few days or month but taking a risk accepting ITA might prove to be a longest route. Think longer.

adinikcanada

Apr 20, 2017
parvathyrajan said:
Hi all,

Hello I am facing the same sitaution. I am wondering if you did submit your application ? do you have any update ?

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
adinikcanada said:
Hello I am facing the same sitaution. I am wondering if you did submit your application ? do you have any update ?
Decline, If you got married before ITA you should be good. Registration date doesn't make that much issue and you can always explain that you were married before ITA and registered later and your marriage certificate has both dates.

adinikcanada

Apr 20, 2017
Amdavadi said:
Decline, If you got married before ITA you should be good. Registration date doesn't make that much issue and you can always explain that you were married before ITA and registered later and your marriage certificate has both dates.
We had a small ceremony recently, but the actual marriage will take place in 1st week of May and will get the marriage certificate in 2nd week of may. Technically, I am not sure how I can prove this that I was married before ITA.

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
adinikcanada said:
We had a small ceremony recently, but the actual marriage will take place in 1st week of May and will get the marriage certificate in 2nd week of may. Technically, I am not sure how I can prove this that I was married before ITA.

Your marriage date on certificate should be before ITA.

Meysiolio

Aug 30, 2019
Dears,
Can you tell me about your experience and results? I am currently at the same situation and need to decide to proceed my EE profile with my dependant or alone