+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

marriage before PR Visa, Passports are requested, IMM any advice

doubtful

May 26, 2007
Can you tell me how much time CIC will give to submit them passport for stamping passport visa.

Can I get married during that time? It will not be a case of misreprentation if I get married before they issue me PR visa and I will give them marriage documents.

Will I be okay if i get married before they issue me PR visa,

they have asked me to submit passports.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

doubtful said:
Can you tell me how much time CIC will give to submit them passport for stamping passport visa.

Can I get married during that time? It will not be a case of misreprentation if I get married before they issue me PR visa and I will give them marriage documents.

Will I be okay if i get married before they issue me PR visa,

they have asked me to submit passports.
Well if you marry, your COPR (visa) would be invalid. Your new spouse would have to submit an application, with the required documents. you would have to amend yours, you wait and CHC will send medical instructions for the spouse, and wait for the background check. Then CHC would issue new COPR to both of you, if you still qualified.

PMM

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
I am in same dilema. I s there any other documents they would need apart from marriage certificate? Will i need t
to send my passport to the country that issued my PR(africa) or could process it in london.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
hI

martha marita said:
I am in same dilema. I s there any other documents they would need apart from marriage certificate? Will i need t
to send my passport to the country that issued my PR(africa) or could process it in london.
If you are adding a spouse your application, IMM008, IMM5406, and the additional forms will have to be amended and re-submitted. New proof of funds as well. Your spouse will have to complete a full set of application forms as well. You will have to send the applications and the forms to the office that originally processed your PR status.

PMM

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
Thanks PMM do you know how long it might take before our process will be complete (for my passport or both passports) once sent to cic.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

martha marita said:
Thanks PMM do you know how long it might take before our process will be complete (for my passport or both passports) once sent to cic.
Nope, it depends on how long it takes to for the spouses background/criminal records checks and the issuing of the medicals.

PMM