+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage after PPR/COPR

Dec 7, 2017
Hi All,

I have received PPR & I have submitted my passport for stamping & COPR. My marriage is scheduled for March 2018. I want to add her in my application. I'm a PNP OINP applicant.

Please advise which way will be less time consuming and less risky:

• Intimate CIC after COPR that my marriage is scheduled in March and add documents that they will ask or
  • Do soft landing to Canada in Feb 2018, come back, get married in March and apply for spouse visa post March. At the same time apply for her tourist visa now, so that she can travel along-with.
  • Also, do I have to intimate Onario Province as well, since I'm a OINP applicant
Please advise. If there's any other way please advise.

Regards

Last edited:

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
Hi All,

I have received PPR & I have submitted my passport for stamping & COPR. My marriage is scheduled for March 2018. I want to add her in my application. I'm a PNP OINP applicant.

• Intimate CIC after COPR that my marriage is scheduled in March and add documents that they will ask or
  • Do soft landing to Canada in Feb 2018, come back, get married in March and apply for spouse visa post March. At the same time apply for her tourist visa now, so that she can travel along-with.
  • Also, do I have to intimate Onario Province as well, since I'm a OINP applicant

Regards
I would suggest go with the option 2. Do soft landing ASA you get CoPR and come back.
PR card is generally delivered within 60 days of the first landing.
By the time you get arrange the documents for her, you will receive your PR card too.
That's would be an added advantage while applying her visa - tourist or otherwise.

Dec 7, 2017
I would suggest go with the option 2. Do soft landing ASA you get CoPR and come back.
By the time you get arrange the documents for her, you will receive your PR card too.
That's would be an added advantage while applying her visa - tourist or otherwise.
Harry, how much time it takes for spouse visa ??

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
Harry, how much time it takes for spouse visa ??
No idea on that Jaspreet. I myself might be doing this same thing next year. I am planning to do soft landing myself around April and will proceed with these activities after June / July hopefully.

Dhmrtn

Jun 24, 2021
Hi All,

Regards
Hello, please what did you later do on this ?

Ferawan12

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
Hi there.. I have several
Hi there.

Almost similar questions but a bit different. Basically i applied in 2020 and did all my payment, biometrics, and medical check up. Got married in Feb 2022 and already told the cic about the change of status but still havent heard anything from cic. The cic is now asking my passport to be submitted, but havent submitted documents for her yet. All i did was submitted her forms through Webform and still nothing.

I was wondering if i should send the filled paper form with the passport as well??

Kindly help this issue.. thank you!