+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage after ITA

ROG42

Apr 21, 2021
If a person who has an Express Entry application pending (or is already in receipt of an ITA via Express Entry) gets married to a Canadian Citizen or PR, can or should he/she then apply via spousal sponsorship instead? How does this change in marital status affect their situation, and what is he/she then required to do?

Or is the Express Entry application or ITA automatically enhanced or cancelled?

ROG

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If a person who has an Express Entry application pending (or is already in receipt of an ITA via Express Entry) gets married to a Canadian Citizen or PR, can or should he/she then apply via spousal sponsorship instead? How does this change in marital status affect their situation, and what is he/she then required to do?

Or is the Express Entry application or ITA automatically enhanced or cancelled?

ROG
You can apply through spousal sponsorship instead or you can continue with EE or you can do both. Your choice.

You'll need to update your status for the purposes of your Express Entry application. If you have questions about how this impacts ITA/EE, post them to the Express Entry section of the forum.

ROG42

Apr 21, 2021
You can apply through spousal sponsorship instead or you can continue with EE or you can do both. Your choice.

You'll need to update your status for the purposes of your Express Entry application. If you have questions about how this impacts ITA/EE, post them to the Express Entry section of the forum.

Thank you so much! Incidentally, I just posted there. :) Cheers!

alvi.rahman

Mar 15, 2021

Inquiring about a similar situation. How do the processing times differ between spousal sponsorship vs EE for an international graduate in Ontario looking to apply for PR and is also getting married to a Canadian citizen?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Inquiring about a similar situation. How do the processing times differ between spousal sponsorship vs EE for an international graduate in Ontario looking to apply for PR and is also getting married to a Canadian citizen?
This is really an impossible question to answer right now. Processing times for both programs are all over the place due to COVID.

Reactions: armoured

Jlex

Apr 22, 2021
I need advice.. I got a PNP nomination and an AOR(outlander). I got married 2days ago and my husband is a PR holder in different province. Can I add the information to my application?