gailmargolis

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am currently single and if I entered the EE pool I'd have to list myself as such. But if I am able to get ITA, there is a very good chance I could get married within the 90 day frame before application submission. Is anyone else in the same situation?

al1

Mar 23, 2017
Few options here once you get ITA (where your status is still single):

Calculate your CRS score together with your spouse. If the CRS score is still above the invited CRS cut off you can,

a) Get married, Inform IRCC of your change in marital status, add your spouse to your application and submit the application together

OR

b) If your CRS score falls below the cut off, Submit your application first and get the e-APR . After that get married and then inform IRCC of your change.

Reason is if you submit before e-APR, your CRS score gets recalcuated, but after e-APR, it remains the same.

More detailed discussions here: (unable to post links yet. you can copy paste into a new tab

canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/discussion-related-to-getting-married-and-submitting-spouse-docs-after-eapr-t412176.0.html

gailmargolis

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am confused, what you use the term "application" and "e-APR", aren't they the same thing. You said:
"If your CRS score falls below the cut off, Submit your application first and get the e-APR"
e-APR is electronic Application for Permanent Residence. What other "application" am i then submitting before e-APR once I'm in the post-ITA phase? My understanding is:
1) Apply to get into EE pool
2) Get in, wait for ITA
3) Receive ITA, file e-APR

Am i missing something?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
gailmargolis said:
I am confused, what you use the term "application" and "e-APR", aren't they the same thing. You said:
"If your CRS score falls below the cut off, Submit your application first and get the e-APR"
e-APR is electronic Application for Permanent Residence. What other "application" am i then submitting before e-APR once I'm in the post-ITA phase? My understanding is:
2) Get in, wait for ITA

Am i missing something?
I think application here means the application to get in the EE pool.

You are correct about the three phases.

al1

Mar 23, 2017
gailmargolis said:
2) Get in, wait for ITA

Am i missing something?
Apologies for my mistake.

What I meant was AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) instead of e-APR. Adding your spouse(by informing IRCC) after AOR doesn't trigger a recalculation of your CRS score.

Source:
cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

under Change in circumstance declared after an e-APR has been submitted section

sfahadali

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Hi All,

This issue also concerns me. In my case....I am getting CRS in 460s and if I include my spouse it drops down to 440s.

So my question is if i apply as single and if after getting an invitation I get married so can I update my profile before submitting my application?

Its CRS points that bothers me as the last draft closed at 441.

garyastudent

Sep 3, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sfahadali said:
Hi All,

This issue also concerns me. In my case....I am getting CRS in 460s and if I include my spouse it drops down to 440s.

So my question is if i apply as single and if after getting an invitation I get married so can I update my profile before submitting my application?

Its CRS points that bothers me as the last draft closed at 441.
You should still be good with 440, As the score should come down if the new cut of is announced on 5th April.

di4cee

Jul 3, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2017
AOR Received.
April 3, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
Maverick28 said:
I think application here means the application to get in the EE pool.

You are correct about the three phases.
Thanks for this.

I_Love_canada

Aug 28, 2017
Hey... want to ask what is the actual meaning of the latest notification on CIC site... is it concerned with people getting married after e-APR... that means if they are accompanied by their partners they will be considered as "with spouse" case even if they have applied as single... really confused regarding this... i am planning in same manner to get married after e-APR because i do not want to leave my partner... another thing does the new changes after 6-june afftected these cases?? Please share latest information. This is the notification on official site of CIC:

Note: If your spouse or partner is not coming with you to Canada, or they are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, you will earn points as if you don’t have a spouse or partner.

Gauravkumarasr

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Hi guyz, I received nomination from SINP on 17 April 2019 and I accepted it and got 600 additional points. Now I am planning of getting married. Can I add my spouse in ee profile ..As I can not move alone there.. I dont have ITA from IRCC yet .

What if I reject ITA from IRCC..till I am getting married..(May month).. Can I do that.! I am really confused..No way to find to the solution
Please help me out ..awaiting eagerly for your speedy and positive reply.,