+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage after ITA?

Hdnarola20

Jun 21, 2019
Few options here once you get ITA (where your status is still single):

Calculate your CRS score together with your spouse. If the CRS score is still above the invited CRS cut off you can,

a) Get married, Inform IRCC of your change in marital status, add your spouse to your application and submit the application together

OR

b) If your CRS score falls below the cut off, Submit your application first and get the e-APR . After that get married and then inform IRCC of your change.

Reason is if you submit before e-APR, your CRS score gets recalcuated, but after e-APR, it remains the same.

More detailed discussions here: (unable to post links yet. you can copy paste into a new tab

canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/discussion-related-to-getting-married-and-submitting-spouse-docs-after-eapr-t412176.0.html

Hi There...
I got ITA on 20 September and i have submitted my file and pay all fees on 23 October..After that i got married on 20 November..my score was 457 and minimum score was 440 that time...so if i add my wife now than my point will be recalculate???
I mean i have to have make at least 440 point after adding my wife??
Please reply
Thanks

Gauravkumarasr

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Hi There...
I got ITA on 20 September and i have submitted my file and pay all fees on 23 October..After that i got married on 20 November..my score was 457 and minimum score was 440 that time...so if i add my wife now than my point will be recalculate???
I mean i have to have make at least 440 point after adding my wife??
Please reply
Thanks
No once you submit your application then your score will not be recalculated . Just inform CIC that you are now married via webform . They will ask you to provide your spouse documents.

Note- post AOR score is not recalculated.

mr.ankit.pandey

Jul 2, 2019
Hi All I have a very important query to ask and with all my research I have not come across this case
I am PR holder and would be landing as a single applicant in Aug'19, now my marriage is almost fixed however co incidentally my would be spouse is also an EE profile holder ( single currently) now when we get married she might not have a PR yet and like everyone she would have to update the profile from single to married. Now when she does that what happens when the spouse ( i.e me) is a PR holder does the process change? is there extra scrutiny ?
I am really confused and we are planning to push the dates which we do not want honestly, please advise

Benipalmanu

Feb 14, 2020
I camE as a student in winnipeg and i got my passport request in march 2019 but i got married in December 2018 and i changed my marrital staus when i got passport request and after that i add my spouse in my file and i add my spouse 1 may 2019 and after that on 24 august cic send our file cic winnipeg our that nothing happend, anybody know how much time will take cic in this case

Jbn

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
Category........
PNP
I camE as a student in winnipeg and i got my passport request in march 2019 but i got married in December 2018 and i changed my marrital staus when i got passport request and after that i add my spouse in my file and i add my spouse 1 may 2019 and after that on 24 august cic send our file cic winnipeg our that nothing happend, anybody know how much time will take cic in this case
same timeline as mine...dont know what are they doing in winnipeg office. Nothing from last 10 months.

KK1999

Sep 4, 2020
I am currently single and if I entered the EE pool I'd have to list myself as such. But if I am able to get ITA, there is a very good chance I could get married within the 90 day frame before application submission. Is anyone else in the same situation?
Hi, I am in same situation as your got my ITA thinking to get married before application submission - What would i need to do??
Did everything work out good for you?