+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage after COPR - HKVO not responding...

alanalanyh

Mar 28, 2022
Hi friends,

I got married after receiving COPR and informed the corresponding office, Hong Kong office through webform 18Jan 2022. I sent several webforms but I have not received ANY reply yet. Per my research on the internet this type of webform should be one of the priorities, but I am not sure what's going on with my case. Please help!

My timeline

Oct 2021 - COPR issued, marital status says Single
Dec 2021 - Married (we chose this path because it was expected to take 4 months and sponsorship takes 12 months, obviously it backfired)
Dec 27 2021 - webform informed IRCC about my marriage and request to add my wife to my COPR. Got a reply saying "I do not have an application in progress so no need to add documents". Pretty sure they misunderstood my webform.
Jan 2022 - realized that the notice paper issued with COPR specifically said inform the HongKong office, so I wrote a webform to HK office about the marriage. No response till today.

Since then, I have written many webforms/emails to inform IRCC about marriage and request to add my wife. None received any reply except auto replies. Details below:
Jan 13, emailed CTC Ottawa about marriage.
Jan 18, sent webform to HK office about marriage
Jan 30. Sent webform to HK office about marriage.
Feb 11. Sent a webform to HK office with no UCI. Sent a webform to Beijing office with UCI.
Feb 12. Sent an email to HK office
Mar 03. Sent an email to IRCC under Replacement of Documents category. Reported a tech issue.
Mar 09 Webform stating urgent situation to HK office. Email to hkong@international.gc.ca
Mar 14 Urgent webform with photos to office under EE
Mar 20. Urgent webform with spouse doc to HK office.
Mar 20. Urgent webform with spouse doc to IRCC - replacement document
Mar 23. Urgent webform with docs
Mar 28. Webform to HK - Worker. To IRCC - replacement document.

I am trying to understand why none of the webforms got through. If I have to wait, it has been 3 months already. How much longer do I need to wait? Or is my webforms being blocked? Frankly speaking, I am getting anxious about this.

My question is, what should I do? Do I keep sending webforms when it seems to be a dead end? Are you in the same boat or even be in contact with HongKong office? Any advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Alan

MJaafari

Mar 30, 2022
Hi Alan,

I'm on the same boat. I received a passport request email in February and got married a couple of days ago (March). I have sent my passport and documents (photos) to the Ankara office in Turkey and have not received my passport (including the visa sticker) and the COPR letter yet. I have sent a webform to the IRCC regarding the change in my marital status and I'm awaiting any response. I'll let you know if there is an update.
I would deeply appreciate any replies to this thread if anyone has information.

Mohamad

alanalanyh

Mar 28, 2022
Hi Mohamad, will definitely keep you posted. When you send your passport and docs to ircc, did you receive their email instructions to do so? How long did it take?
I haven’t heard anything back, they have not asked for my passport.

Cheers

MJaafari

Mar 30, 2022
Hi Mohamad, will definitely keep you posted. When you send your passport and docs to ircc, did you receive their email instructions to do so? How long did it take?
I haven’t heard anything back, they have not asked for my passport.

Cheers
I think you misunderstood me. I live in Iran and we don't have a Canadian embassy currently due to political matters. So I had to apply through the Ankara office in Turkey. When I received the passport request email from IRCC, I sent my passport along with photos for my counterfoil to the mentioned office. Meanwhile I got married so I have to send my passport and COPR back to Ankara for re-issuance.
I have declared my marriage via webform a couple of days ago but have not received any response or instructions yet. Neither have they requested my passport or any documents. I will keep you updated if there is any news from IRCC.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I think you misunderstood me. I live in Iran and we don't have a Canadian embassy currently due to political matters. So I had to apply through the Ankara office in Turkey. When I received the passport request email from IRCC, I sent my passport along with photos for my counterfoil to the mentioned office. Meanwhile I got married so I have to send my passport and COPR back to Ankara for re-issuance.
I have declared my marriage via webform a couple of days ago but have not received any response or instructions yet. Neither have they requested my passport or any documents. I will keep you updated if there is any news from IRCC.
You'll need to send updated forms and all of the documents required to add your spouse to the application (e.g. PCCs). Your spouse will also need to complete and pass a medical. Your COPR will not be re-issued until your spouse is examined as part of your application. Generally this is taking 6+ months right now.

MJaafari

Mar 30, 2022
You'll need to send updated forms and all of the documents required to add your spouse to the application (e.g. PCCs). Your spouse will also need to complete and pass a medical. Your COPR will not be re-issued until your spouse is examined as part of your application. Generally this is taking 6+ months right now.
Hi Scylla
Thank you for the info.

Sidm786

Dec 30, 2020
Hi,

I applied for an OWP in February and have received no reply or request for biometrics or otherwise. I am told that my visa office is most likely HK as that’s where I applied from.I don’t know what is up with HKVO.

MJaafari

Mar 30, 2022
I am in the same boat guys and few others as well. Did you guys get any update from IRCC regarding adding spouse after COPR?
Hi,
I have not received any helpful replies from IRCC. Just some auto-responses to my webforms. I might go ahead and send some documents upfront though I'm not sure which exact forms/documents are required. Hopefully there may be some updates after I do so. Please share with us if you receive any updates.

MJaafari

Mar 30, 2022
No, I’ve never tried calling, the proceedure is a bit sophisticated to call from outside Canada and the lines are usually busy!