Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hi @RSub thanks a lot for your help so far.

What photos did you include in your questionnaire. Because there is only one question specifically mentioning photos

But there is an entirely separate doucment request for relationship proof

So I am not sure which questions should be part of the questionnaire and which should be part of the relationship proof. 15 photos are going to take up lot of space.
Yes, photos will take lot of space. This is why I sent 4 webforms plus one huge file via cic portal.

vikigenius

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Hi @RSub for question

1b) Provide timeline of dates, photos, and documentation of events in which you both participated in, such as trips and outings.
Did you also provide details of outings after marriage? Because it seems to come under relationship development, so not sure how to handle it.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hi @RSub for question

Did you also provide details of outings after marriage? Because it seems to come under relationship development, so not sure how to handle it.
Yes. The questions are straightforward. Just answer them. Skip if you don’t have an answer.!!! But, just don’t over think.!!!

vikigenius

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
I had same issue. While many suggested me to contact IRCC to provide more slots, I did not want to wait. So this is what I did. I organized all the documents. I could put everything in one document ( without comprising the quality of the PDF) except questionnaire. I had put indexes in the starting of the PDF and mentioned that I will add questionnaire as two parts via webform due to lack of slots. Then, I used webform to add Questionnaire document. I used lot of photos in questionnaire so it was large. When you use webform use the latest link (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application) and choose the option “Add a document to your application” and then continue to the form to upload the documents. Hope this helps.
Did you use some compression tool? For me the forms itself are too big. Putting all the 4 required forms Imm 0008, 5406, 5562, 5569e itself crosses the 4MB limit for the slot they provide me in the profile.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Did you use some compression tool? For me the forms itself are too big. Putting all the 4 required forms Imm 0008, 5406, 5562, 5569e itself crosses the 4MB limit for the slot they provide me in the profile.
Yes. SmallPDF has compression option. I used the one from Adobe since I have full version. You may not be able to put everything together. This is why I used multiple webforms.

vikigenius

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
@RSub thanks a lot for your help. We just got our passport request letter. But I am already in Canada and wife is still in India. Did you also face a similar situation. How did you send your passports? The request letter mentions you have to do soft landing if in Canada, but it is not clear what to do if one person is in Canada and dependent is in India.

I sent them a webform explaining my situation and waiting to hear back. What happened in your case?

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
@RSub thanks a lot for your help. We just got our passport request letter. But I am already in Canada and wife is still in India. Did you also face a similar situation. How did you send your passports? The request letter mentions you have to do soft landing if in Canada, but it is not clear what to do if one person is in Canada and dependent is in India.

I sent them a webform explaining my situation and waiting to hear back. What happened in your case?
In my case, we both were in US. But, I am sure lot of folks were in your situation. I have seen similar experiences in this forum. Just do some search and see if you can find it. I will also share what I find.

vikigenius

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
In my case, we both were in US. But, I am sure lot of folks were in your situation. I have seen similar experiences in this forum. Just do some search and see if you can find it. I will also share what I find.
Thanks, I am searching and also sent IRCC a CSE asking for clarification.

In your case, was your dependent's name mentioned in the passport request? I see only my name in the PPR they provided.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Thanks, I am searching and also sent IRCC a CSE asking for clarification.

In your case, was your dependent's name mentioned in the passport request? I see only my name in the PPR they provided.
Only my name was there. But, sent both the passports.

saradharajay

Mar 11, 2023
Hey guys,

I have a question with the IMM0008 form. Does my spouse have to fill the form too? if she has to does she have to include me as a dependent. I am a primary applicant. CEC inland and my spouse in in canada too. Please guide

vikigenius

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Hey guys,

I have a question with the IMM0008 form. Does my spouse have to fill the form too? if she has to does she have to include me as a dependent. I am a primary applicant. CEC inland and my spouse in in canada too. Please guide
No, as mentioned in the instructions, only the primary applicant has to fill form IMM0008. Just add her as a dependent, that's it.

saradharajay

Mar 11, 2023
i was confused with the statement from ircc " Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP); " so only i have to fill this form and not my dependant.

Right?

vikigenius

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
i was confused with the statement from ircc " Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP); " so only i have to fill this form and not my dependant.

Right?
Yes, I also had the same wording, what they mean is that you will update the details by adding her as a dependent. That form is supposed to be filled only by the primary applicant. The family information form is the one where both you and your dependent will fill out separately.

saradharajay

Mar 11, 2023
Yes, I also had the same wording, what they mean is that you will update the details by adding her as a dependent. That form is supposed to be filled only by the primary applicant. The family information form is the one where both you and your dependent will fill out separately.
Sounds good, thank you very much. and regarding the signing of the form, i am following the instructions provided in the link "How to complete immigration forms for paper applications - Canada.ca " let me know if there is any other way to do it