Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Thanks for the info. You said you had a lot of photos in the questionnaire. There are 2 questionnaires, one for you and one for spouse. Did you have separate photos for both or did you jointly attach photos?
I made sure I did not repeat the pictures. We took lot of photos, so used as much as possible and used different pics for both questionnaires. But, you don't need to do that if you have very few pics.

mike_07

Apr 6, 2022
Hi
Hi @RSub I just notified IRCC about the marriage and they sent a letter with request for additional documents. In my profile there is a slot for only a single document upload?

What did you upload there and how did you manage to split up your documents? I am guessing you sent some of the documents in a webform?
Hi @vikigenius, I am also sailing in the same boat, I also requested IRCC to add my spouse in my application. Could you tell me after how many days did you get additional documents request from them and also if you could share the webform link as well?

Thanks!!

Reactions: RSub

vikigenius

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Reactions: mike_07

vikigenius

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Hi @RSub in my ADR request letter they also ask to make payments for my spouse and mention

"Please upload your receipt directly to your MyCIC account."

What does that mean, should I not include the receipt along with other documents? Is there some special place to upload it? What did you do?

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hi @RSub in my ADR request letter they also ask to make payments for my spouse and mention

"Please upload your receipt directly to your MyCIC account."

What does that mean, should I not include the receipt along with other documents? Is there some special place to upload it? What did you do?
If you have a slot for receipt, then upload it. In my case, I did not have a slot for receipt. So I sent the receipt along with other documents as one pdf.

You need pay in the below link. I believe you need to create an account using the same email ID you have for your IRCC portal.

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/order.do?category=15

vikigenius

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
If you have a slot for receipt, then upload it. In my case, I did not have a slot for receipt. So I sent the receipt along with other documents as one pdf.

You need pay in the below link. I believe you need to create an account using the same email ID you have for your IRCC portal.

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/order.do?category=15
Yep, I also have a single slot only and will try to upload as one document.

What did you do for spouse photo? Wouldn't it be better as jpg? Or did you include that also as part of PDF?

Also, how did you manage to sign the forms? Did you print as PDF and then use Adobe signature? Because Adobe is not directly allowing me to sign the Imm 0008 form.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Yep, I also have a single slot only and will try to upload as one document.

What did you do for spouse photo? Wouldn't it be better as jpg? Or did you include that also as part of PDF?

Also, how did you manage to sign the forms? Did you print as PDF and then use Adobe signature? Because Adobe is not directly allowing me to sign the Imm 0008 form.
Scanned and added the photo. I physically signed and scanned the signature pages. Dont print the other pages, just print the signature page and scan it.

vikigenius

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Scanned and added the photo. I physically signed and scanned the signature pages. Dont print the other pages, just print the signature page and scan it.
How did you handle the IMM 0008 form? It has that validate button right? Did you fill out the form and press validate? Did you print all the pages and then sign? Because if I try to merge only the signature page after printing it seems to change something with the barcode numbers.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
How did you handle the IMM 0008 form? It has that validate button right? Did you fill out the form and press validate? Did you print all the pages and then sign? Because if I try to merge only the signature page after printing it seems to change something with the barcode numbers.
click validate and then print the signature page alone. later add it to the imm 008 form. Don't print and can barcode page. Also, move the barcode page to the top. I simple followed the below guide from ircc.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/complete-0008-5669.html#personal-details

Take a look.

vikigenius

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
click validate and then print the signature page alone. later add it to the imm 008 form. Don't print and can barcode page. Also, move the barcode page to the top. I simple followed the below guide from ircc.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/complete-0008-5669.html#personal-details

Take a look.
When saying top, do you mean top of the IMM 0008 form or top of the entire PDF. You did merge IMM 0008 with the other documents right?

Right now I am thinking the first page will be the Explanation Letter and also the index of what all is included. Then comes the IMM 0008 form and then other forms and documents.

Also can you recommend the tool you used for merging and moving around PDF pages?

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
When saying top, do you mean top of the IMM 0008 form or top of the entire PDF. You did merge IMM 0008 with the other documents right?

Right now I am thinking the first page will be the Explanation Letter and also the index of what all is included. Then comes the IMM 0008 form and then other forms and documents.

Also can you recommend the tool you used for merging and moving around PDF pages?
Top of the IMM 0008 not the entire document. Read the link I shared. You will understand what I am saying. Also, I had adobe full version but you can also use Smallpdf which offers 7 day trial. Make sure you go and cancel the subscription before the 7th day.

vikigenius

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Top of the IMM 0008 not the entire document. Read the link I shared. You will understand what I am saying. Also, I had adobe full version but you can also use Smallpdf which offers 7 day trial. Make sure you go and cancel the subscription before the 7th day.
Yeah, I read it but the wording is confusing because it seems like the guide is for paper application. Whereas we are submitting online.

Because if you read the section about Consent and Declaration of Applicant

It says

Print all pages
of your application form.

And also says

Place the barcode page(s) on the top of your application (forms and supporting documents) when you submit it.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Yeah, I read it but the wording is confusing because it seems like the guide is for paper application. Whereas we are submitting online.

Because if you read the section about Consent and Declaration of Applicant

It says

Print all pages
of your application form.

And also says

Place the barcode page(s) on the top of your application (forms and supporting documents) when you submit it.
Instead of printing, I re arranged pdf and put the barcode page to the top. I only Printed and scanned the signature page and then attached it to the rest.

vikigenius

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Hi @RSub thanks a lot for your help so far.

What photos did you include in your questionnaire. Because there is only one question specifically mentioning photos

b. Provide timeline of dates, photos, and documentation of events in which you both
participated in, such as trips and outings.
But there is an entirely separate doucment request for relationship proof

Evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as:
- Relationship photos: Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding,
wedding reception and post wedding photographs, commitment ceremony photos from outings
together trips, honeymoon, etc. (10–15 photos max);
- If you are living together, evidence such as copy of bills, bank statements, lease agreement,
drivers licenses showing your names and address (10–15 pages max).
So I am not sure which questions should be part of the questionnaire and which should be part of the relationship proof. 15 photos are going to take up lot of space.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hi @RSub thanks a lot for your help so far.

What photos did you include in your questionnaire. Because there is only one question specifically mentioning photos

But there is an entirely separate doucment request for relationship proof

So I am not sure which questions should be part of the questionnaire and which should be part of the relationship proof. 15 photos are going to take up lot of space.
I included photos of our outing before and after marriage. I also included photos of engagement, marriage and reception rituals for the questions related marriage , engagement, reception questions in the questionnaire. While they did not ask for photos, I added them for my satisfaction. Its better to give more information.

To keep the size down, I added photos in a word document and then converted into a pdf. Then compressed the pdf.
Also, was asked to provide Marraige photos ( upto 15) apart from questionnaire.

I believe everyone get the same questionnaire and request for documents. If you have photos for questions they asked, just add them. If you don’t have, ignore adding pictures and move on to next one. Just keep it simple.