+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage after AOR help with forms

vikigenius

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Hi, I already got an ITA and sent my PR application online under Canadian Experience class. I am living in Canada, but will go to India to get married and come back very soon.

I have a general idea of how to notify IRCC after getting married.

I have seen from other threads that I will have to fill up a generic application form IMM 0008. My question is will it just be one form that I have to fill? Or will both me and my spouse have to fill IMM 0008?

If the answer is both, what program will my spouse be applying under? I know I apply under economic program, but is my spouse also applying under economic or will it be under family?

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hi, I already got an ITA and sent my PR application online under Canadian Experience class. I am living in Canada, but will go to India to get married and come back very soon.

I have a general idea of how to notify IRCC after getting married.

I have seen from other threads that I will have to fill up a generic application form IMM 0008. My question is will it just be one form that I have to fill? Or will both me and my spouse have to fill IMM 0008?

If the answer is both, what program will my spouse be applying under? I know I apply under economic program, but is my spouse also applying under economic or will it be under family?
Onlh program is to add her to your ongoing PR application. Parallely, you can applu for her TRV. Personally, I would not do that as you guys will get PPR sooner. Applying for TRV is a waste of time currently. One you get married, notify IRCC via Webform. They will send an email or you will see a letter on your online portal asking list of documets. You will need to submit more forms including IMM 0008. The process is very simple. Submit the forms. If PCC and Medicals takes time, apply for it. In my case, I had booked an appointment for my wife for PCC before marriage and got the PCC post marriage. It was mentioned single in her PCC and we had no issue.

vikigenius

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Onlh program is to add her to your ongoing PR application. Parallely, you can applu for her TRV. Personally, I would not do that as you guys will get PPR sooner. Applying for TRV is a waste of time currently. One you get married, notify IRCC via Webform. They will send an email or you will see a letter on your online portal asking list of documets. You will need to submit more forms including IMM 0008. The process is very simple. Submit the forms. If PCC and Medicals takes time, apply for it. In my case, I had booked an appointment for my wife for PCC before marriage and got the PCC post marriage. It was mentioned single in her PCC and we had no issue.
Thanks a lot for outlining the procedure. I have to ask, since I am the principal applicant only I have to fill form IMM 0008 and add spouse as dependent right? Or should my spouse also fill the IMM 0008 form separately ?

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Thanks a lot for outlining the procedure. I have to ask, since I am the principal applicant only I have to fill form IMM 0008 and add spouse as dependent right? Or should my spouse also fill the IMM 0008 form separately ?
You only need to fill the imm 008 form. I don’t know if that will differ for CEC category. IRCC instructions on filling out IMM 0008 would be very useful. If you have doubts, come back here I will guide you. I too struggled for the information but got everything right and I am moving to Canada in few days.

Reactions: sanyaak

vikigenius

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
You only need to fill the imm 008 form. I don’t know if that will differ for CEC category. IRCC instructions on filling out IMM 0008 would be very useful. If you have doubts, come back here I will guide you. I too struggled for the information but got everything right and I am moving to Canada in few days.
Thank you so much, I will ping you if I have any doubts. This is so complex and confusing especially since I am CEC and am already living in Canada on work permit, and my fiancee is living in India. I will come back to Canada after marriage and we will have to stay apart for a while (until we get PR I think), so hope everything goes smoothly and fast.

Congrats on your PR. All the best for your future.

Reactions: RSub

vikigenius

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
@RSub after going through some threads I have some questions especially since some people have been asked for "relationship proof'.

I am Indian and our marriage is an arranged marriage. We started talking last year and then I went and visited her and we had an engagement ceremony. We will be getting married this month.

Obviously we have never lived together and I will have to go back to Canada for work quite soon after marriage and my spouse won't be able to come. So what kind of proof are we expected to provide?

I will have the marriage certificate, and also photos of the engagement, reception and wedding ceremony. We probably won't have time for a honeymoon since I have to come back to Canada quite soon.

Will appreciate your insight regarding this, if you are familiar with the situation of arranged marriages.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
@RSub after going through some threads I have some questions especially since some people have been asked for "relationship proof'.

I am Indian and our marriage is an arranged marriage. We started talking last year and then I went and visited her and we had an engagement ceremony. We will be getting married this month.

Obviously we have never lived together and I will have to go back to Canada for work quite soon after marriage and my spouse won't be able to come. So what kind of proof are we expected to provide?

I will have the marriage certificate, and also photos of the engagement, reception and wedding ceremony. We probably won't have time for a honeymoon since I have to come back to Canada quite soon.

Will appreciate your insight regarding this, if you are familiar with the situation of arranged marriages.
Very similar to mine. I got married in April 2022 and left to US. We stayed apart for 3 months. I mentioned that my wife was waiting for her visa and that I had to return back immediately for work. I added whatsapp screenshots, video call screen shots and also mentioned dates. I let IRCC know that we were planning for honeymoon at the end of the year (which never happened as I am moving to Canada in a week).

vikigenius

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Very similar to mine. I got married in April 2022 and left to US. We stayed apart for 3 months. I mentioned that my wife was waiting for her visa and that I had to return back immediately for work. I added whatsapp screenshots, video call screen shots and also mentioned dates. I let IRCC know that we were planning for honeymoon at the end of the year (which never happened as I am moving to Canada in a week).
Thanks a lot, feel a bit easier knowing you went through something very similar.

Do you have any idea of how many WhatsApp convo screenshots you shared?
You added to PDF right? They must have had a file size limit ?
Did you add any commentary on what's going on?
Did you have any photos of trips or meetings etc. before marriage? How many did you share?

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Thanks a lot, feel a bit easier knowing you went through something very similar.

Do you have any idea of how many WhatsApp convo screenshots you shared?
You added to PDF right? They must have had a file size limit ?
Did you add any commentary on what's going on?
Did you have any photos of trips or meetings etc. before marriage? How many did you share?
I believe I shared 6 different screenshots.
Yes, I did add an PDF. I had to provide multiple files. I was given only one slot for 12+ documents. So sent a lot via webform.
I did explain each and every event. I elaborated as much as possible. I did not have any pics before marriage.

vikigenius

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
I believe I shared 6 different screenshots.
Yes, I did add an PDF. I had to provide multiple files. I was given only one slot for 12+ documents. So sent a lot via webform.
I did explain each and every event. I elaborated as much as possible. I did not have any pics before marriage.
Thanks. Also I was looking at the IMM008 form and the question 15 in the dependents section (previous countries of residence)

During the past 5 years have you lived in any country other than your country of citizenship or your current country of residence for more than six months?

Does it mean cumulatively or in a single stretch?

My spouse visited her parents 3 times in Norway, each time being around 2-3 months. Does that count as 6 months? She wasn't living there she just went to visit during vacations.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Thanks. Also I was looking at the IMM008 form and the question 15 in the dependents section (previous countries of residence)

During the past 5 years have you lived in any country other than your country of citizenship or your current country of residence for more than six months?

Does it mean cumulatively or in a single stretch?

My spouse visited her parents 3 times in Norway, each time being around 2-3 months. Does that count as 6 months? She wasn't living there she just went to visit during vacations.
Thats a good question and tricky one too. Not sure about it.

vikigenius

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Hi @RSub I just notified IRCC about the marriage and they sent a letter with request for additional documents. In my profile there is a slot for only a single document upload?

What did you upload there and how did you manage to split up your documents? I am guessing you sent some of the documents in a webform?

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hi @RSub I just notified IRCC about the marriage and they sent a letter with request for additional documents. In my profile there is a slot for only a single document upload?

What did you upload there and how did you manage to split up your documents? I am guessing you sent some of the documents in a webform?
I had same issue. While many suggested me to contact IRCC to provide more slots, I did not want to wait. So this is what I did. I organized all the documents. I could put everything in one document ( without comprising the quality of the PDF) except questionnaire. I had put indexes in the starting of the PDF and mentioned that I will add questionnaire as two parts via webform due to lack of slots. Then, I used webform to add Questionnaire document. I used lot of photos in questionnaire so it was large. When you use webform use the latest link (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application) and choose the option “Add a document to your application” and then continue to the form to upload the documents. Hope this helps.

vikigenius

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
I had same issue. While many suggested me to contact IRCC to provide more slots, I did not want to wait. So this is what I did. I organized all the documents. I could put everything in one document ( without comprising the quality of the PDF) except questionnaire. I had put indexes in the starting of the PDF and mentioned that I will add questionnaire as two parts via webform due to lack of slots. Then, I used webform to add Questionnaire document. I used lot of photos in questionnaire so it was large. When you use webform use the latest link (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application) and choose the option “Add a document to your application” and then continue to the form to upload the documents. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info. You said you had a lot of photos in the questionnaire. There are 2 questionnaires, one for you and one for spouse. Did you have separate photos for both or did you jointly attach photos?