+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marksheets or Transcripts for Student Visa under SDS category??

lolcocks

Jul 23, 2020
You are so right. I'm in a pickle, but hoping against all odd I guess.

I have tried to explain it in my SOP. I mentioned something along the lines of as an international student I'm looking for a reasonable course in terms of cost, time and return value. Also, I have touched upon that I have limited available options and It is most practical option for me for building upon the foundation that I have is what I mentioned, in addition, to WES. I don't know if it's convincing enough, but these are the honest reasons why I went for that course.

What's your take? Does this explanation seem alright? or do I need to further explain my point? If you have any insights please do share.
That is not a good reason as well. You should explain why you are taking that program.

For example, if someone is opting for computer science, they can state that they need to it for designing a new and efficient 3D rendering software which needs high levels of maths and efficient algorithms.

Don't just put in, "it has good scope in my country etc etc", give a specific reason.
Example, "I want to learn business accounting because I want to setup a firm which provides accounting solutions to small businesses."

Reactions: Arshi_n

Arshi_n

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
That is not a good reason as well. You should explain why you are taking that program.

For example, if someone is opting for computer science, they can state that they need to it for designing a new and efficient 3D rendering software which needs high levels of maths and efficient algorithms.

Don't just put in, "it has good scope in my country etc etc", give a specific reason.
Example, "I want to learn business accounting because I want to setup a firm which provides accounting solutions to small businesses."
That reasoning was just a brief explanation I included in my SOP to answer why PG cert and not masters. In addition to this I have explained in great detail under various headings like why Business Accountancy, and how will it beneficial for me? Why PG cert from this particular institute etc, but I definitely will fine tune it more based on your inputs.

Thank a lot for your time and insights. I really appreciate it.

Last edited:

Arshi_n

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
If you're applying for masters/post graduate diploma - Include most recent post secondary education (transcript, certificate and individual marksheets including one with backlogs).

if you are applying for bachelors/diploma - Include your secondary education (marksheets, transcript and certificate).

They normally give away missing marksheets as reason for refusal where you do not include backlog marksheets.

In your particular case, VO couldn't find your masters marksheets, so anything you claim on the application form where you need to provide your education and work history, you need to attach supporting evidence. Since you already have declared your masters in your initial application. You now need to attach your masters + bachelors degree transcript, marksheets (including ones with backlog) and degree certificate.

Working as a internet freelancer is not considered as concrete work experience, unless you were making as good as a full-time job candidate in your field of interest. You need to have some verifiable work experience along with evidence. You need to showcase that you have some experience in home country though you are having trouble progressing further in your career due to lack of appropriate education/experties. You need to also explain in your SOP things such as why is your existing masters not sufficient, and why gaining whatever course you intend to do in Canada and how it provides you with additional knowledge than your existing masters degree.

VO had also spoken about availability of similar program in home country, so you would wanna highlight/compare what programs you locally have available and how dropping affordable education in your home country and attaining highly expensive Canadian education is important at this point.
So far I have provided all mark sheets as well as degree certificates (including my master's backlog mark sheet). Based on what you suggested, I suppose I also have to put up my transcripts as well, so far I haven't. Even now my counselor is suggesting only providing mark sheets would suffice and not to bother with transcripts. So there's that.

For the duration I was freelancing, I have evidence in the form of paypal payment receipts , bank statements and supplementary evidence of the the list of jobs that I undertook. Currently, I'm employed full-time and have all the evidences to substantially back that.

Some very important points you have outlined regarding SOP and the explanations that I should provide around the course and degree etc. It will be of great help in fine tuning my SOP.

Thanks a lot for your time and insights. I really appreciate it.

Maybe tommorow

Nov 2, 2020
Ah ok, thanks . I was actually wondering about the length.

What about cover letter? Is there a word limit for that as well?
Cover letter? Idk nothing about that.
I just wanted to warn you that they won't bother reading it most of the time if it's long. 400 words max. Good luck!

Reactions: Arshi_n

VladMir1992

Dec 15, 2021
Ah cool. Appreciate it, will be sure to keep that in mind.
Thank a lot.
Did you get the visa?

I am gonna apply under SDS too from India for MBA in a Public University
Good academics 10th/12th/B.E and around 7+ years of work experience in Top 3 MNC's. I had 2 backlogs in the first and second semesters and the passing year of these two semesters on transcripts are the same as the passing year of the 3rd and 4th semesters.
I don't know
if just uploading transcripts would work

Or do I need to upload marks sheets as well?

Or include backlog mark sheets as well

I read in many threads people uploading just transcripts and getting their visa, people with 10+ backlogsI don't want to overcomplicate the case or draw unwanted attention to the backlogs. I am in a confused state :(