+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marksheets or Transcripts for Student Visa under SDS category??

Arshi_n

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
I'm planning to apply for Student Visa for the third time. My second visa refusal grounds were:

• You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
  • Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your level of establishment, language abilities, financial ability and I am not satisfied you are a genuine student and that you will depart Canada at the end of your stay.
I also ordered GCMS notes and have gone through the detailed refusal reasons. The GCMS/CAIPS notes for rejection of my VISA application is as follows:

I have reviewed all the documentation provided for this application. Summary of key findings below: -Integrate Search record noted; See GCMS. -No previous study transcripts or mark sheets provided; See file. PA declares on IMM1294 of having completed Master of Commerce in 2013. – No proof of recent employment. PA declares of being an internet freelancer (self-employed) since Aug 2016. – Given the applicant’s lack of proof of previous education and employment history, I am not satisfied the motivation to pursue this particular program at this point in time in Canada, is reasonable; See LOA. On balance, the PA has failed to satisfy me that the course of study is reasonable given the high cost of international study in Canada and when weighed against the potential career/employment benefits, the local options available for similar studies, the PA’s academic/work history and personal circumstances. I am not satisfied that the PA would be a bona fide student in Canada and would depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for stay. Refused.

Now, last time I applied under SDS category and I attached all my Mark sheets & degrees as well as proof of employment in the client info. file of my application. In my Caips notes it was also mentioned that I didn't meet SDS eligibility, because no transcripts according to them. Now, I'm wondering and seeking answers to the following:

1). Am I supposed to provide Mark sheets or Transcripts?

2). Last time when I applied I provided Mark sheets and degrees for my bachelor's as well as master's degree, Am I supposed to provide Mark sheets/ transcripts only for my most recent degree?

3). What did I miss out and how did it go unnoticed? What needs to be done on my part?

4). Where should I place those documents this time so that they don't go unnoticed.?

Please if anybody has any insights, do share . Thanks in advance.

rijol verma

Jul 10, 2020
I'm planning to apply for Student Visa for the third time. My second visa refusal grounds were:

• You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
  • Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your level of establishment, language abilities, financial ability and I am not satisfied you are a genuine student and that you will depart Canada at the end of your stay.
I also ordered GCMS notes and have gone through the detailed refusal reasons. The GCMS/CAIPS notes for rejection of my VISA application is as follows:

I have reviewed all the documentation provided for this application. Summary of key findings below: -Integrate Search record noted; See GCMS. -No previous study transcripts or mark sheets provided; See file. PA declares on IMM1294 of having completed Master of Commerce in 2013. – No proof of recent employment. PA declares of being an internet freelancer (self-employed) since Aug 2016. – Given the applicant’s lack of proof of previous education and employment history, I am not satisfied the motivation to pursue this particular program at this point in time in Canada, is reasonable; See LOA. On balance, the PA has failed to satisfy me that the course of study is reasonable given the high cost of international study in Canada and when weighed against the potential career/employment benefits, the local options available for similar studies, the PA’s academic/work history and personal circumstances. I am not satisfied that the PA would be a bona fide student in Canada and would depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for stay. Refused.

Now, last time I applied under SDS category and I attached all my Mark sheets & degrees as well as proof of employment in the client info. file of my application. In my Caips notes it was also mentioned that I didn't meet SDS eligibility, because no transcripts according to them. Now, I'm wondering and seeking answers to the following:

2). Last time when I applied I provided Mark sheets and degrees for my bachelor's as well as master's degree, Am I supposed to provide Mark sheets/ transcripts only for my most recent degree?

3). What did I miss out and how did it go unnoticed? What needs to be done on my part?

4). Where should I place those documents this time so that they don't go unnoticed.?

why not be on the safe side and submit all transcripts and all marksheets. submit 10th , 12th, bachelors, masters all that your have, you won't be penalized for submiting more documents right. you have a 4 mb limit, fit everything in that to be sure 100%
technically you are supposed to submit transcripts.

Reactions: Wh1teH0rsE

rijol verma

Jul 10, 2020
also review your course choice. and since you are declaring masters already done what is the reason to pursue this course?
also how much study gap do you have

lolcocks

Jul 23, 2020

What all did you attach last time? Marksheets of which programs?

Arshi_n

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
why not be on the safe side and submit all transcripts and all marksheets. submit 10th , 12th, bachelors, masters all that your have, you won't be penalized for submiting more documents right. you have a 4 mb limit, fit everything in that to be sure 100%
technically you are supposed to submit transcripts.
I suppose so. And that's what my intention was the last time when I submitted my bachelors' and Master's mark sheet, in addition, to my 10th and 12., but I still got that in my refusal reason. Someone mentioned that it's equally disastrous to include everything especially if applying under a particular category. According to them it is important to only include what is required. So I'm just confused at this point. Technically, you are right they have mentioned Transcripts in the SDS eligibility criteria. Have you ever applied under SDS category?

Arshi_n

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
also review your course choice. and since you are declaring masters already done what is the reason to pursue this course?
also how much study gap do you have
I don't have a gap, have been working full time in accounting field for over 1 year and before that as a freelancer.

My case is slightly tricky in the sense that I changed my stream to IT after Masters and did certification in Web development and worked as a freelancer for couple of years, ( and got refusal for IT related course) and now I'm planning to go for higher studies in Commerce, but it's not masters . As far as master's is concerned, I have already gotten my mark sheets evaluated in order to address this missing mark sheet credibly and according to WES evaluation report my Master's is equivalent to Bachelor's four years, so I based my decision on that and also my skill level. I'm just hoping that VO will be convinced by my reasoning. fingers crossed.

lolcocks

Jul 23, 2020
I suppose so. And that's what my intention was the last time when I submitted my bachelors' and Master's mark sheet, in addition, to my 10th and 12., but I still got that in my refusal reason. Someone mentioned that it's equally disastrous to include everything especially if applying under a particular category. According to them it is important to only include what is required. So I'm just confused at this point. Technically, you are right they have mentioned Transcripts in the SDS eligibility criteria. Have you ever applied under SDS category?
Can I know what program you are applying for? Is it a university or a college diploma? As the latter have high chance of refusals.

Arshi_n

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
So let me get this straight.

You did Bachlors in Accounting, them Masters in IT and now going for Accounts PG again in Canada?
No, I did Masters in commerce as well, but I performed so terribly as I was concurrently studying to become a certified Chartered Accountant as well. Afterwards, I decided to change my stream altogether out of sheer hopelessness. My decision to switch streams back fired, so I went back to full time employment in an entry level position in accounting, that's the best I could land with based on my previous qualifications. Now, I'm trying to build on that foundation.

Last edited:

Stringer_Bell_786

Aug 27, 2020
No, I did Masters in commerce as well, but I performed so terribly as I was concurrently studying to become a certified Chartered Accountant as well. Afterwards, I decided to change my stream altogether out of sheer hopelessness. My decision to switch streams back fired, so I went back to full time employment in an entry level position in accounting, that's the best I could land with based on my previous qualifications. Now, I'm trying to build on that foundation.
Try for a master's level program,diploma after a masters is not considered appropriate by IRCC.Still confused why they rejected you for missing marksheet.Did u attach the IT diploma certification,coz u may have mentioned about it in your SOP.

lolcocks

Jul 23, 2020
No, I did Masters in commerce as well, but I performed so terribly as I was concurrently studying to become a certified Chartered Accountant as well. So, decided to change my stream altogether out of sheer hopelessness. My decision to switch streams back fired, so I went back to full time employment in accounting, and now trying to build on that foundation.
I see. Yours is a difficult case.

Have you specified a reason in your SOP as to why you are not opting for a master's program as you have already completed your masters?
Keep in mind that it needs to be a strong reason as you are opting for a lower level of education than the one you already have.

And WES saying that your master's is equivalent to a bachelors is not a good reason at all.

Arshi_n

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
I see. Yours is a difficult case.

Have you specified a reason in your SOP as to why you are not opting for a master's program as you have already completed your masters?
Keep in mind that it needs to be a strong reason as you are opting for a lower level of education than the one you already have.

And WES saying that your master's is equivalent to a bachelors is not a good reason at all.
You are so right. I'm in a pickle, but hoping against all odd I guess.

I have tried to explain it in my SOP. I mentioned something along the lines of as an international student I'm looking for a reasonable course in terms of cost, time and return value. Also, I have touched upon that I have limited available options and It is most practical option for me for building upon the foundation that I have is what I mentioned, in addition, to WES. I don't know if it's convincing enough, but these are the honest reasons why I went for that course.

What's your take? Does this explanation seem alright? or do I need to further explain my point? If you have any insights please do share.

Arshi_n

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
Try for a master's level program,diploma after a masters is not considered appropriate by IRCC.Still confused why they rejected you for missing marksheet.Did u attach the IT diploma certification,coz u may have mentioned about it in your SOP.
I did provide all documents relating to my IT related course. As a matter of fact, they specifically mentioned in CAIPS that for Masters degree I haven't provided any mark sheets or transcripts, but as a matter of fact I did. So, I'm not entirely sure how it was left unnoticed.

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada

If you're applying for masters/post graduate diploma - Include most recent post secondary education (transcript, certificate and individual marksheets including one with backlogs).

if you are applying for bachelors/diploma - Include your secondary education (marksheets, transcript and certificate).

They normally give away missing marksheets as reason for refusal where you do not include backlog marksheets.

In your particular case, VO couldn't find your masters marksheets, so anything you claim on the application form where you need to provide your education and work history, you need to attach supporting evidence. Since you already have declared your masters in your initial application. You now need to attach your masters + bachelors degree transcript, marksheets (including ones with backlog) and degree certificate.

Working as a internet freelancer is not considered as concrete work experience, unless you were making as good as a full-time job candidate in your field of interest. You need to have some verifiable work experience along with evidence. You need to showcase that you have some experience in home country though you are having trouble progressing further in your career due to lack of appropriate education/experties. You need to also explain in your SOP things such as why is your existing masters not sufficient, and why gaining whatever course you intend to do in Canada and how it provides you with additional knowledge than your existing masters degree.

VO had also spoken about availability of similar program in home country, so you would wanna highlight/compare what programs you locally have available and how dropping affordable education in your home country and attaining highly expensive Canadian education is important at this point.

Last edited: