+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marketing Management 1 yr PG??

abhineetarora

Sep 24, 2014
Guys, please advise me which one is better humber college or Sheridan College for Marketing Management 1 Year PG.
I am planning for jan 15or may 15 intake.

Please do reply
Thanks and Regards
Abhineet Arora

Sep 18, 2014
hey i chked gbc and the digital marketing course but i still feel da 1 at humber is a little more diverse n not restrictedto juz digital marketing and even da fees are a little more than dat of humber and as far as the college and the teachin staff is concerned i chked wid a few frnds of mine who r in canada rite now and they were like it not bad its juz da perspective of da student so i think u shud re think bout ur decisionbout gbc

abhineetarora

Sep 24, 2014
tipnis.kunal0605 said:
hey i chked gbc and the digital marketing course but i still feel da 1 at humber is a little more diverse n not restrictedto juz digital marketing and even da fees are a little more than dat of humber and as far as the college and the teachin staff is concerned i chked wid a few frnds of mine who r in canada rite now and they were like it not bad its juz da perspective of da student so i think u shud re think bout ur decisionbout gbc
Kunal, I agree with you about the diversification of the marketing course of GBC n Humber. Those friends you checked in with , in which college are they? if they are in either 3 mentioned earlier(sheridan,humber and GBC), can u ask them the review of the colleges and which one is beneficial whether to stay on campus or off campus. my mom is worried about the accommodation and food over there.

Kamui

Oct 12, 2014
Hi abhineet, even i have applied for humber and sheridan marketing management program. Now im sure 1 thing you guys wouldnt know is that humber marketing program is of 8 months where as sheridan is a proper 12month program with 4 months of co-op. i have confirmed this with my counselor for my edwise.now even i'm confused on which program to choose. According to my understanding an 8month program will only allow u to get 8month of pgwp. But the program at humber is more versatile in terms of marketing. One of my friend at humber told me that people usually take up crash courses of 4 months after completing this program at humber itself and then apply for another 1 yr Pg-certificate program which leads to 3yrs of PGWP. Can anyone confirm this please?
Also anyone who has already done this program at any of the college humber or sheridan can share their experience?
I plan on creating a strong marketing profile by taking up 1yr marketing management and 1yr digital marketing program. any advice on this too?
Senior members like tiger and enfield please reply to this post and enlighten us with your experience. Thank you.

Omega123

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Hello All,

I want to do Post graduate degree from Canada. I have 3 years of Work experience in India after my B.Tech and have applied for PR which I am expecting to get by the end of this year or January.I know that I can get admission through GMAT but i just wanted to know if there is any other way for the PR to get admission to the colleges.means can i apply directly to the colleges being a PR or GMAT the only way?? I am very much confused n afraid !! What if i do not get good score in GMAT?? and i can not afford to loose one year waiting for next year admissions..Please please help me Sad Also, is it essential to give IELTS or just GMAT Score will work??? Very much confused , need guidance !!!

Please help !!!!!

abhineetarora

Sep 24, 2014
Omega123 said:
Hello All,

I want to do Post graduate degree from Canada. I have 3 years of Work experience in India after my B.Tech and have applied for PR which I am expecting to get by the end of this year or January.I know that I can get admission through GMAT but i just wanted to know if there is any other way for the PR to get admission to the colleges.means can i apply directly to the colleges being a PR or GMAT the only way?? I am very much confused n afraid !! What if i do not get good score in GMAT?? and i can not afford to loose one year waiting for next year admissions..Please please help me Sad Also, is it essential to give IELTS or just GMAT Score will work??? Very much confused , need guidance !!!

Please help !!!!!
Omega, as far as I know you can give IELTS (General Training) and if you match the criteria of getting the points required, you will be able to apply for PR. I guess your 3 years Work Experience will be helpful. Also, you can search on google for the eligibility criteria for Canada PR
Cheers!!!!

neildodhia

Oct 30, 2014
Kamui said:
According to my understanding an 8month program will only allow u to get 8month of pgwp. But the program at humber is more versatile in terms of marketing. One of my friend at humber told me that people usually take up crash courses of 4 months after completing this program at humber itself and then apply for another 1 yr Pg-certificate program which leads to 3yrs of PGWP. Can anyone confirm this please?
Hi Kamui, I had the same doubt, but I got it clarified from 2 reliable sources that a 8 month course as good as 1 year and you will get a 1 year visa, if you do 2 such courses you will get work visa of 3 years.
One of my friend is currently pursing this course and she is very happy with it. Even I am going this Jan :)
Are you going for this course as well?

Kamui

Oct 12, 2014
Yes neil. Im also going for this program mostly. But im kinda confused between lambton and humber.. lambton has the same course for 2 yrs. Can u ask ur friend if that college is good ? And are u sure doing two 1yr courses will give us 3yrs of work visa? Cause according to the cic website.. Doing 1yr pg certificate and 1yr masters from univ gives u 3yrs of visa and doing two 1yr courses gives us only 2yrs of work visa.. please clarify!

kapoordhruv

Jul 27, 2015
Hi all
Is 8 months course at humber will be considered as 1 year course and will we get 1 year work permit after our course completion..!! ?

ghanaboy2

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
hello guys....i am a pr of canada and was doing Bsc economics back at home and want to conitnue from where i stopped....do i need language test?