+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marital Status

mgraf

May 13, 2015
Hi,

My marital status is common-law on EE. If I get married after receiving the ITA it will be a problem for CIC? Could I get a rejection because of that?

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mgraf said:
Hi,

My marital status is common-law on EE. If I get married after receiving the ITA it will be a problem for CIC? Could I get a rejection because of that?
You will have to report this change to cic. You will probably have to send them additional documentations like marriage certificate etc. CSE can be used to report such changes.

mgraf

May 13, 2015
StAnger said:
You will have to report this change to cic. You will probably have to send them additional documentations like marriage certificate etc. CSE can be used to report such changes.
If I send just the marriage certificate it wiil be enough? I don't have how to prove that we have lived together for more than 12 months :(

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you show that both you and your spouse contributed to paying your rent/mortgage payments over the last 12 months? This is one way to prove you were both living at the same address.

Also things like utility bills in your and your spouses name.

Hope this helps.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
I guess you will have to prove that you have been in established relationship for a prolonged period of time. If the relationship are genuine, then it should not be difficult - common bills, photos, contracts for a house... well you name it. Usually people do not marry someone who they met last night :)