+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marine engineer

fran137

Oct 11, 2008
Hi Bcguy,

I am from dubai and have applied for immigration through the london office in october 2006. My husband is the main applicant and is a marine engineer or a mechanical engineer. we have applied for vancouver. what are the chances for his proffession in vancouver? Also i am a freelance self- employed dress-maker. does this add any credibility for our immigration? we have applied through skilled worker category. i have my father and grandmother in quebec. Where do you think we stand?

Thanks
Fran137

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I assume you applied for Federal skilled worker and wrote that you plan to live in Vancouver. The place you put down is irrelevant since it's a federal application. Your application is sitting in the London office line up waiting to get processed. Average time is around 3 years so you have about another year to go if you have enough points. You can see it at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/02a-skilled-fed.asp#europe London average 33 months.

fran137

Oct 11, 2008
thank you Leon for your reply
yes you are right we have applied to london office and for Vancover depends on the situation at the time of immigration . And yes, we are in the waiting list. My question is what are the chances for my husband and me as per our proffessions. If need be i will change the province according to our work too. Any way i will stay self employed as i am at present, i just needed to know about my husband.

thanks so much

fran137

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't have to change province. You are not bound by writing Vancouver on your application. You can land anywhere except Quebec since they have different type of immigration. Once you are landed, you can even move to Quebec if you want but being a marine engineer, I suppose your husband needs to be close to ocean? You can go to http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/Search_en.aspx?ProvId=99&Student=No to look around for jobs to see where he has the best options. I met a civil engineer here in Alberta who said that he landed in Toronto because he had family there but ended up going to Alberta because he couldn't get a job in Toronto. Sometimes you have to go where the jobs are.

The new rules for skilled worker will not affect you since you applied so long ago.

anirban roy

Aug 1, 2021
hi ..i am anirban roy..i am a marine engineer ..my seatime is about 31 months..i have class 3 coc from bangladesh..now i want to apply to canada and want to migrate over there ..how can i migrate to canada with this professional skill can anyone pls suggest me? ..thanks in advance...

liyam

Aug 27, 2021
hi ..i am anirban roy..i am a marine engineer ..my seatime is about 31 months..i have class 3 coc from bangladesh..now i want to apply to canada and want to migrate over there ..how can i migrate to canada with this professional skill can anyone pls suggest me? ..thanks in advance...
Hi Anirban