Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
Jan 06, 2017
Med's Done....
Mar 07, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 14, 2017
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system – March 9, 2016

The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, pursuant to section 10.3 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, gives the annexed Ministerial Instructions Respecting Invitations to Apply for Permanent Residence under the Express Entry System (March 9, 2016).

Ottawa, March 9, 2016

JOHN MCCALLUM
Minister of Citizenship and Immigration

MINISTERIAL INSTRUCTIONS RESPECTING INVITATIONS TO APPLY FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE UNDER THE EXPRESS ENTRY SYSTEM (MARCH 9, 2016)

Determination — number of invitations

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on March 9, 2016 and ending on March 10, 2016 is 1,013.

Required rank

(2) Foreign nationals who, on March 9, 2016 at 13:11:07 UTC, have been assigned a total of 473 points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System that is set out in the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence.

twztedelegance

Jul 14, 2015
New Brunswick
Specterz said:
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system – March 9, 2016

The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, pursuant to section 10.3 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, gives the annexed Ministerial Instructions Respecting Invitations to Apply for Permanent Residence under the Express Entry System (March 9, 2016).

Ottawa, March 9, 2016

JOHN MCCALLUM

MINISTERIAL INSTRUCTIONS RESPECTING INVITATIONS TO APPLY FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE UNDER THE EXPRESS ENTRY SYSTEM (MARCH 9, 2016)

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on March 9, 2016 and ending on March 10, 2016 is 1,013.

Required rank

(2) Foreign nationals who, on March 9, 2016 at 13:11:07 UTC, have been assigned a total of 473 points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System that is set out in the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence.
damnit, i had an ITA and got rejected due to PCC error, was hoping for an ITA again today :( :( will this nightmare ever end with me getting PR...agh

RamsayBolton

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Very interesting. The first draw after they announced the new Immigration Plan, and the issued ITAs are already reduced. Last draw with ITAs under 1,400 was last April.

RamsayBolton

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Piousoul said:
Can't confirm the draw result anywhere yet, doubt the authenticity of the post.
It's published on the CIC website and even on CanadaVisa website. Have you cleared your browser's cache?

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Specterz said:

Ottawa, March 9, 2016

JOHN MCCALLUM

Required rank

Such a ridiculous high score and low number of invitations. Right now I'm done believing in any predictions out there by CIC policy makers and lawyers. The CIC analysts projected that as time goes by, scores will reduce and ITAs will increase but clearly this isn't happening. This is such a nightmare for many, especially international students with 1 year work experience. :(

RamsayBolton

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BA2LAMAZ said:
Such a ridiculous high score and low number of invitations. Right now I'm done believing in any predictions out there by CIC policy makers and lawyers. The CIC analysts projected that as time goes by, scores will reduce and ITAs will increase but clearly this isn't happening. This is such a nightmare for many, especially international students with 1 year work experience. :(
That's why you shouldn't trust any news or projection provided by lawyers, as they always tell you good news so you will sign a contract with them. We need to make educated guess based on the facts and figures provided by IRCC.

lexie.tang

Feb 3, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BA2LAMAZ said:
I'm on the same boat. Just boosted my CRS to 457, and heard the cut off became over 470.
I'm even considering learning French...lol

jassu2

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
since april 2015 this is the lowest number of ITAs issued..

kpangalopes

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
245east84 said:
I think this news is fake. I tried google searching the terms mentioned by the OP and NOTHING SHOWED UP other than this forum page. So unless the OP or someone else can post a link to an actual CIC page with this news, I'll assume this is fake.
That is what I think.

Rohexpentry

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
245east84 said:
I think this news is fake. I tried google searching the terms mentioned by the OP and NOTHING SHOWED UP other than this forum page. So unless the OP or someone else can post a link to an actual CIC page with this news, I'll assume this is fake.
I agree

CBTSHARE

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
EXACTLY..I believe it is fake as well, I cleared my cache and no news of such, the draw is not done as yet.There is also, no reason as to why the score would jump so high, when from the start of the year its below 462.

fernsie39

Oct 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/

Under "Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system"

RamsayBolton

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
245east84 said:
Seriously, what keyword did you use in your google search? If you type "express entry ministerial instructions" in google and press enter, it is the very first result:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/

http://www.canadavisa.com/express-entry-invitations-to-apply-issued.html

You need to do your own homework before asking very basic question.

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow this process drives us all a little crazy.

Why on earth would the OP make this up?

'It must be fake as it doesn't suit my situation'

It was announced that the total number of economic immigrants for 2016 would be reduced, the first draw after it, the number of people drawn has dropped. It makes sense. Less people out of the pool, the CRS will go up.

Congrats to anyone who got an ITA.