+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2023 Inland Spousal Sponsorship Applicants

Drunkarchaeologist

May 9, 2023
After you submit your landing on Permanent Residence Portal under Confirmation of Permanent Residence, you might get your eCOPR soon.
I got mine in 5 days.
Landing: July 19th | eCOPR: July 24th
Submitted my Landing and Photo on Monday 11th September, so excluding weekends that's 8 days, so I hope I get it soon

Anvil_isopod

Jan 28, 2023
How is everyone that also applied for OWP doing? My OWP application has exceeded the 140 days processing time and no updates.
And no real update on PR application either since 7-June.

VLiu

Star Member
Jun 4, 2023
Hey there,
Did any of you apply for PR in March and haven't seen any progress with your background check or received a DM? My application has been stuck on "Background check in progress" for a solid three months, and it's really getting on my nerves. Please let me know if I'm the only one experiencing this. Thanks!

Maria0000

Star Member
Mar 15, 2023
Hey there,
Did any of you apply for PR in March and haven't seen any progress with your background check or received a DM? My application has been stuck on "Background check in progress" for a solid three months, and it's really getting on my nerves. Please let me know if I'm the only one experiencing this. Thanks!
Hi VLiu! Don't worry about the time on background check, honestly it is the one that takes longer. Mine took 4 months but I get the anxiety. I applied on February :)

Reactions: VLiu

teodinho

Star Member
Nov 15, 2022
Hey there,
Funny thing is that when the BG check is marked as completed, the next steps follow each other without long gaps in between them.

rsm0703

Jun 22, 2023
Funny thing is that when the BG check is marked as completed, the next steps follow each other without long gaps in between them.
Actually, you still have to wait about 2 months to get your PR Card.
I got my eCOPR on July 24th and I'm still waiting for my PR Card.
Patience is the secret.

Reactions: Maria0000

VLiu

Star Member
Jun 4, 2023
Hi VLiu! Don't worry about the time on background check, honestly it is the one that takes longer. Mine took 4 months but I get the anxiety. I applied on February :)
Thank you for letting me know. I am thinking if I should apply for an open work permit since my current one will expire next April.

VLiu

Star Member
Jun 4, 2023
Thanks for the information. I am concerned that my application may trigger a specific security screening, which may last one year.

Maria0000

Star Member
Mar 15, 2023
Thank you for letting me know. I am thinking if I should apply for an open work permit since my current one will expire next April.
My advice, don't apply until you are missing 2 or 3 months left before it expires, your PR application might be done by then and you might lose your money for your OWP in they start working on it. I was about to submit my application 2 months before expiration and got my PR on time.

VLiu

Star Member
Jun 4, 2023
My advice, don't apply until you are missing 2 or 3 months left before it expires, your PR application might be done by then and you might lose your money for your OWP in they start working on it. I was about to submit my application 2 months before expiration and got my PR on time.
Good to know, and thanks for your advice.

oliverwhq

Feb 22, 2023
Canada
Hey there,
Same boat. Have the exactly same timeline of AIP and background check but I applied in Feb and still waiting for the BG check.
So I can totally feel you. Same concern, too.