+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<<<<MARCH 2023 AOR>>>>>>>>>>

caunak

Apr 11, 2023
Hi all,

I've received an ITA in late March, and plan to submit my application. I have a question and any help is much appreciated. It is regarding the NOC codes;

I have an engineering background and a PhD from outside Canada. I was paid during my PhD, and we didn't have any courses and it mostly was research, characterisation and experiments. I claimed the NOC code for my PhD experience the same as my background in engineering since I thought it also matched the job duties. In addition to that, I wanted that NOC code to be my primary/intended occupation (currently, I am a postdoc, and rather to have the engineering as the primary selection instead of the postdoc).

I was wondering whether it would be alright? has anyone had a similar experience and was it successful? I haven't yet accepted or declined the ITA.

What would be the best course of action in this case?

Thanks

Last edited:

tianlu777

Sep 15, 2022
CEC - Inland
ITA - Jan 11, 2023
AOR - Mar 7, 2023
Previous medical & Biometric linked: Mar 24, 2023
ADR for my child birth certificate: Mar 28, 2023 (I provided a notarized copy, but they still want exact translation of original certificate)

Wondering whether verification of the birth certificate is part of eligibility review or background check?
Eligibility is showing "in progress" on the tracker today (Security stilll not started). Nervous...

artk0ch

Jan 28, 2023
I'm wondering how this tracker works. I got latest update on March 4th and nothing after that.. Do I need to contact with them to get an updates?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Can I please be added to the WhatsApp group.
I am saying this in a good faith. Please don't get offended. But, I don't know what's wrong with applicants here. You are sharing super sensitive data in terms of timelines and then are sharing your phone numbers with random people. There are literally profiles created who post Whatsapp group links in a matter of minutes. There's so much that you can lose by disclosing your contact info.

Reactions: Lord_Tony

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
Sharing further updates

PNP-Inland British Columbia
18th Jan- ITA
2nd March - AOR
22nd March - Medical Passed & biometrics linked
3rd April - Ghost Update
4th April - Approval email
5th April- Replied i am outside Canada in the US for a short vacation
10th April - Replied I am back in Canada
12th April - Got Portal login and password.

Now heading to Shoppers for an overpriced photo where they apparently give digital copies in an ancient USB drive like it is 2010

artk0ch

Jan 28, 2023
Sharing further updates

PNP-Inland British Columbia
18th Jan- ITA
2nd March - AOR
22nd March - Medical Passed & biometrics linked
3rd April - Ghost Update
4th April - Approval email
5th April- Replied i am outside Canada in the US for a short vacation
10th April - Replied I am back in Canada
12th April - Got Portal login and password.

Now heading to Shoppers for an overpriced photo where they apparently give digital copies in an ancient USB drive like it is 2010
I'm not recommending you do it in Shoppers. They are not professionals in this case. I tried a few times and all the time they failed. I am very happy with the London drugs photo service. Also you don't need to pay for the flash drive. They will send you your digital copies by the link. Please consider this.

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
I'm not recommending you do it in Shoppers. They are not professionals in this case. I tried a few times and all the time they failed. I am very happy with the London drugs photo service. Also you don't need to pay for the flesh drive. They will send you your digital copies by the link. Please consider this.
yeah just figured London Drugs is better and cheaper. Wonder what is up with Shoppers. Don't they know it is 2023 yet?

• Haha
Reactions: artk0ch

Daren2023

Jan 20, 2023
Category........
FSW
Congrats on the next steps @phaijalkhan ! Welcome to the thread @MiracleCSEP !

I have a quick update on my side too. I did my fingerprints today! :) Thus I have finally completed everything that I needed to do for this application. Now I hope IRCC will do their part in a timely manner too o_O

The fingerprints appointment was a great experience, the people there were very nice. My appointment was at 11 am and I think I was the first person that they fingerprinted today because I had to wait for them to start the computer. Then after the appointment they took a few minutes to talk to me about the next steps. Even tho I am quite knowledgable about the next steps it was very nice of them to spend a few extra minutes to explain this:). Then a few hours later I saw that my biometrics was linked in my GCKey already. o_O I suppose the fingerprinting people link the biometrics, not IRCC. :)

MiracleCSEP

Apr 12, 2023
Congrats on the next steps @phaijalkhan ! Welcome to the thread @MiracleCSEP !

I have a quick update on my side too. I did my fingerprints today! :) Thus I have finally completed everything that I needed to do for this application. Now I hope IRCC will do their part in a timely manner too o_O

The fingerprints appointment was a great experience, the people there were very nice. My appointment was at 11 am and I think I was the first person that they fingerprinted today because I had to wait for them to start the computer. Then after the appointment they took a few minutes to talk to me about the next steps. Even tho I am quite knowledgable about the next steps it was very nice of them to spend a few extra minutes to explain this:). Then a few hours later I saw that my biometrics was linked in my GCKey already. o_O I suppose the fingerprinting people link the biometrics, not IRCC. :)
Thank you

Reactions: Daren2023