+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<<<<MARCH 2023 AOR>>>>>>>>>>

KTYD

Star Member
Apr 8, 2023
Does it matter which countries you visited? I have a travel history of 50+ items but all my trips were to western/safe countries. I hope i don’t get stuck in background check.
Yaar BG check will take time in this case. But u never know. Depends on your profile

Reactions: Daren2023

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I saw on the other thread that a lot people are stuck on background checks, even those who had their AORs in October or November. In my case, I plan to wait for 4-5 months and if there isn't anything then moving on is a better solution than waiting for years.
I'd like to take a step back and say "Anything within 6 months" is fast :D

There are only a couple scenarios in which you'll have to wait for years:
1. Enhanced security - I think that's annoying, but good that Canada is taking security seriously
2. Addition or removal of family member from PR - this adds 8-9 months or year to the application
3. Issues with documentation - maybe extend to a year, but unlikely to be years
4. (not happening anymore) case assigned to ex-IRCC employees

I'd also suggest asking yourself this question - "Why Canada" to see whether you should wait or move on. I really wish it doesn't come to that for you though :)

Personally, for me Canada is unique in every sense for what I wanted so I couldn't really move on (I had, still have, options to move to US, EU, etc) - so, I'll wait regardless of the time.

I think Jan AORs were super lucky. We've seen so many PPRs there. October/Nov 2022 AORs do appear to be slow. But hey, you've come so far, why not wait just a bit more.

I'm expecting PPR rain this month in this thread too. Hopefully that'll change the mood.

Last edited:

greatstrides

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
I'd like to take a step back and say "Anything within 6 months" is fast :D

There are only a couple scenarios in which you'll have to wait for years:
1. Enhanced security - I think that's annoying, but good that Canada is taking security seriously
2. Addition or removal of family member from PR - this adds 8-9 months or year to the application
3. Issues with documentation - maybe extend to a year, but unlikely to be years
4. (not happening anymore) case assigned to ex-CBSA employees

I'd also suggest asking yourself this question - "Why Canada" to see whether you should wait or move on. I really wish it doesn't come to that for you though :)

Personally, for me Canada is unique in every sense for what I wanted so I couldn't really move on (I had, still have, options to move to US, EU, etc) - so, I'll wait regardless of the time.

I think Jan AORs were super lucky. We've seen so many PPRs there. October/Nov 2022 AORs do appear to be slow. But hey, you've come so far, why not wait just a bit more.

I'm expecting PPR rain this month in this thread too. Hopefully that'll change the mood.
I know what you mean, and even if it comes to a point where I must decide whether or not to move on, I think it's not like I would have a choice. In my case, I cannot wait for more than 6 months because I would need the money that I am using as POF for some other opportunities in the EU. Even though I lived in Canada before and I do want to live there again, if they are going to refuse or delay me, then it's probably a signal that Canada may not be right for me.

By the way, you speak French right? I heard that they are processing French speakers a bit faster, is that true? I don't have any extra points for French unfortunately.

greatstrides

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
Does it matter which countries you visited? I have a travel history of 50+ items but all my trips were to western/safe countries. I hope i don’t get stuck in background check.
I mean it probably does, but it depends a lot on the officer processing your case. If you have only been to Western countries then the case officer may ignore it, but if you have been to many places in Middle East then they will certainly ask questions. But it's also a lot of hypocrisy on the part of IRCC because they fast tracked a lot of refugees from places like Syria and their BGs were completed within days. But apparently FSW candidates get the brunt of everything.

Reactions: Daren2023

Daren2023

Jan 20, 2023
Category........
FSW
I saw on the other thread that a lot people are stuck on background checks, even those who had their AORs in October or November. In my case, I plan to wait for 4-5 months and if there isn't anything then moving on is a better solution than waiting for years.
I think you should always keep looking for the best solutions for you buddy. Why wait for 4-5 months? As soon as you submit your application it is out of your hands and you should move on with life. There is no point in focusing on something that you don't have any control over.

Reactions: CKasey1991

greatstrides

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
I think you should always keep looking for the best solutions for you buddy. Why wait for 4-5 months? As soon as you submit your application it is out of your hands and you should move on with life. There is no point in focusing on something that you don't have any control over.
I have to wait because I spent a considerable amount of time and money on this application. But that being said, I don't have a lot of patience with IRCC. I was on of the "few" rare cases where I wasn't even getting an ITA despite meeting the cut off score and having a submitted profile. Wasted entire month on that and even had one of my PCC expire. So as much as I would hate to say goodbye to Canada, I guess more doors will open up if I try harder. But I certainly can't anxiously wait for years for IRCC to take a decision on my application. Sorry but not sorry.

Daren2023

Jan 20, 2023
Category........
FSW
I have to wait because I spent a considerable amount of time and money on this application. But that being said, I don't have a lot of patience with IRCC. I was on of the "few" rare cases where I wasn't even getting an ITA despite meeting the cut off score and having a submitted profile. Wasted entire month on that and even had one of my PCC expire. So as much as I would hate to say goodbye to Canada, I guess more doors will open up if I try harder. But I certainly can't anxiously wait for years for IRCC to take a decision on my application. Sorry but not sorry.
I don't understand, what actions are you actually doing while waiting? None
After you submit the application there is nothing that you need to do, just move on with your life and they will do their thing when they do their thing. It is not like you have to wait outside of a door in the rain :).

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I would need the money that I am using as POF for some other opportunities in the EU. Even though I lived in Canada before and I do want to live there again, if they are going to refuse or delay me, then it's probably a signal that Canada may not be right for me.
Got it. Hopefully, you'll get a PPR in a very short time.

By the way, you speak French right? I heard that they are processing French speakers a bit faster, is that true? I don't have any extra points for French unfortunately.
So, there's a speculation that bilinguals are being processed faster, some anecdotal evidence to that, but we also see non french applications getting processed at the same pace too. Otoh, French only applications are in the mud as IRCC reportedly has limited french speaking officers.

Reactions: greatstrides

Pdm_ca

Nov 26, 2022
I have personally travelled over 15+ times and even my spouse. I really hope travel history checks aren't very time consuming.
I am yet to cross eligibility stage, its quite a nail biting situation to keep waiting in a limbo.

I wanted to ask if ever there could be a change of status's shared by IRCCs Rep to what is shown on tracker? Other than asking about VO (which also apparently keeps changing) I don't understand if calling them could really be of any use for tracking purposes?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I have personally travelled over 15+ times and even my spouse. I really hope travel history checks aren't very time consuming.
I am yet to cross eligibility stage, its quite a nail biting situation to keep waiting in a limbo.

I wanted to ask if ever there could be a change of status's shared by IRCCs Rep to what is shown on tracker? Other than asking about VO (which also apparently keeps changing) I don't understand if calling them could really be of any use for tracking purposes?
Hope it doesn't impact the application timelines much.

Services partially or fully disrupted
In the event of a labour disruption, like most Government of Canada services, most IRCC services would be impacted. You should expect delays with:

• processing applications
  • in-person appointments or events including citizenship ceremonies
  • contacting IRCC via email, phone or social media
  • consular citizenship and passport services
  • passport services in Canada
As we learn more about a possible labour disruption, we will continue to update this page to tell you how services may be impacted.

Reference: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/labour-disruptions.html

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
Hey everyone. Back to Canada yesterday. I just replied again to the approval email informing them that i am back with a return date. Hoping to get the portal details this week. Will keep this group updated.

Q. How long does it take to get a COPR after I receive the portal details?

P.S Thanks @Daren2023 for the list. I have never been on top of any list in my life *facepalm*

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Ok, maybe I should wait a little bit more. It has been only about 24 hours for me.
They will probably be closed tomorrow and Monday tho :( for Easter.
were you able to log into the Tracker, I assume you are trying only after the CAN* number is replaced with a different number in the GCKey wesbite

artk0ch

Jan 28, 2023
Hello. I am unable to see my PR application in the tracker, UCI numbers without CAN, I got AOR on March 11 and latest update on PR portal was on April 4th (it shown as Submitted) but nothing in the tracker except my previous application(BC PNP, WP, Visitor Visa). Is this normal?

pink_pink

Apr 11, 2023
When do you guys get your UCI changed after AOR? It has been 3 weeks now and nothing changed. I still can't use the tracker because the UCI is still CANXXXX.

AOR: March-22nd

pink_pink

Apr 11, 2023
Hello. I am unable to see my PR application in the tracker, UCI numbers without CAN, I got AOR on March 11 and the latest update on the PR portal was on April 4th (it shown as Submitted) but nothing in the tracker except my previous application(BC PNP, WP, Visitor Visa). Is this normal?
when did you get your UCI changed?