+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

march 2022 visit visa applications please gather here.

gudpples

Star Member
Jan 27, 2023
Africa
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
ABJ
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
i got this response today.

it's interesting how the department still manages to respond to web-forms inquiries. and now seeing how this answered some of my biggest confusions(on wait times), i think i'm going to just wait them out a little longer.
one question: anyone else received a similar email? curious as to whether this was an auto-reply because the returned message was specific to my questions/complaints.

FlyBird333

Nov 3, 2020
I wrote everything but still refusal. Any thing I can do for reconsideration?
I think they only thing you can do is reapply later. Try to apply to other countries that give you "travel experience": USA, Australia, Europe, etc. This will boost the application. Again, you need to really prove the ties to the home country.

gudpples

Star Member
Jan 27, 2023
Africa
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
ABJ
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
My husband received his PPR last week.
Applied march 2, 2022 from Abu Dhabi.
sorry to bother you but since this was a March application, were you getting notified by e-mail until PPR level or you had to go check in your Gckey account?

pris a

Oct 7, 2022
hi every body , what haapens when you get a ppr but you cant find your passport ? how do you report to the embassy before getting a new one . will visa be refused based on that ? please help

Jamal2022

Oct 13, 2022
Finally received PPR for my Mother's visitor visa application after almost one year of waiting.

Applied a TRV Visa for my Mother in May 11, 2022.
Biometrics already done in 2018
PPR in April 27, 2023

PMN

Star Member
May 29, 2022
Hi Everyone, I just wanted to let you know that I finally received passport request.
Application Submitted: March 25th 2022 from Qatar.
Biometrics: March 28th

Submitted multiple webforms throughout the year and never heard anything until last week.
On April 19th 2023 (13 months later), my parents got passport request, and I just got my passport request yesterday (April 28th 2023).

We had submitted at the same time under the same application but for some reason they got theirs first.

I also want to point out that since my husband is in Canada and the Visitor Visa took so long, I applied for spousal sponsorship November 14th and it's ongoing now. So I really thought i wouldn't get the visitor visa. Even my lawyer said there's a very high chance I would get a rejection now that I applied for spousal sponsorship. But by some miracle I got the visitor visa which means I'll be able to visit my husband while we wait for my PR.

After this horrible experience, I just want to say to not loose hope and that the they are really unpredictable.

Goodluck to everyone applying.

Reactions: gudpples

PositiveEnergy

Aug 3, 2019
Applied for my spouse visa on new portal from India

Timeline:
Submitted: 19th May 2022
Biometric request: 20th May
Biometric completed: 6th June
BVL: 20th Oct
Refusal: 21th Oct

Reconsideration applied on 15th Nov
Application started again on 3rd Jan 2023
PPR 4th January 2023
Can you share the reason for the first refusal?

PositiveEnergy

Aug 3, 2019
Hi Everyone, I just wanted to let you know that I finally received passport request.

Submitted multiple webforms throughout the year and never heard anything until last week.
On April 19th 2023 (13 months later), my parents got passport request, and I just got my passport request yesterday (April 28th 2023).

We had submitted at the same time under the same application but for some reason they got theirs first.

I also want to point out that since my husband is in Canada and the Visitor Visa took so long, I applied for spousal sponsorship November 14th and it's ongoing now. So I really thought i wouldn't get the visitor visa. Even my lawyer said there's a very high chance I would get a rejection now that I applied for spousal sponsorship. But by some miracle I got the visitor visa which means I'll be able to visit my husband while we wait for my PR.

After this horrible experience, I just want to say to not loose hope and that the they are really unpredictable.

Congratulations. Which visa office treated your application?

mos6142

Dec 4, 2022

Congrats, when did you get BVL?