+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

march 2022 visit visa applications please gather here.

Deen031201

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
@Deen031201 : I am Indian but applied from my country of residence (Singapore). 210 days passed for me and no change in my application. Seems Singapore VO is not working on TRVs now. Applicants from India are getting faster response.
Did you apply from your country of citizenship?
I am Indian too and applied from Kuwait. I think, we have to apply from where we reside at the current time. Our VO is Abu Dhabi and some applicants got TRV in recent times.

I don't think they closed but may be very slow in processing. Check in the forum with other threads that received TRV from Singapore VO.

Anunay

Star Member
Jun 2, 2022
I am Indian too and applied from Kuwait. I think, we have to apply from where we reside at the current time. Our VO is Abu Dhabi and some applicants got TRV in recent times.

I don't think they closed but may be very slow in processing. Check in the forum with other threads that received TRV from Singapore VO.
Thanks for sharing @Deen031201 . I guess we both are on the same boat.
I also think that naturally we should apply from the place of residence. In Singapore, only the foreigners apply for visit visas as the citizens here are eligible for ETA. SGVO also handles applications from other countries. I could not find recent story on visitor visa from SGVO in the forum. In case you notice one, pls do let me know.
I believe IRCC has higher manpower deployed in countries like India and China where more people apply for TRV. But for us (you and me), only option is to apply from the place we are living currently.
I hope we get our decisions soon.

Deen031201

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Thanks for sharing @Deen031201 . I guess we both are on the same boat.
I also think that naturally we should apply from the place of residence. In Singapore, only the foreigners apply for visit visas as the citizens here are eligible for ETA. SGVO also handles applications from other countries. I could not find recent story on visitor visa from SGVO in the forum. In case you notice one, pls do let me know.
I believe IRCC has higher manpower deployed in countries like India and China where more people apply for TRV. But for us (you and me), only option is to apply from the place we are living currently.
I hope we get our decisions soon.
Yes dear, we are in the same boat. My VO (Abu Dhabhi) also has applications getting from other GCC countries and I think our VO has a small capacity of manpower so may be delaying our application.

Koi ni, all is well!

Hope we will get a reply soon. I think they're replying to our web form means they do not reject our application. This means there is some hope.

maxmtl

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
Hello Everybody!

Here is my timeline:

Applied for mother in law who is in Russia on March 4th.
Biometrics Completed on March 10th.
BVL October 19th
PPR October 20th.

Raised at least 3 web forms between April and August.

Things I have done since beginning of October:

1) I wrote a nice letter asking why it takes so long time to get a visa and that our mother in Law cries all the time and misses us a lot.

2) Then I went to House of Commons website (https://www.ourcommons.ca/en) and wrote a letter to our Honourable Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. His representative transferred my letter to Minister of Immigration Sean Fraser.

3) While dealing with Federals, I also wrote a letter to my local deputee from Bloc Quebecois who represents the area where we live in Quebec. His political attachée replied to me asking all the information about us and our mother in Law and her application.

2 days later we received the BVL.

Not sure if the deputee helped or it's just a coincidence.

Thank you

MandeepM

Apr 21, 2022
Hi everyone,
I applied visitor Visa for my spouse and kids and below is the timeline:
15th March - Applied the visa
22nd march - Biometric
--Started raising webforms from June onwards. Did not received replies for initial ones. Received responses from Jul onwards. I raised at least 10-12 webforms. Don't loose hope and keep trying.
21st Sept - Got request for medical exam
10 Oct - Got PPR request and status changed to " Your application is approved"
20th Oct - IRCC has processed the passports and send them to VFS.

Hope it helps all who are waiting on their applications. Best of luck.

Rainbow777

Star Member
Aug 24, 2022
Hi everyone,
I applied visitor Visa for my spouse and kids and below is the timeline:
15th March - Applied the visa
22nd march - Biometric
--Started raising webforms from June onwards. Did not received replies for initial ones. Received responses from Jul onwards. I raised at least 10-12 webforms. Don't loose hope and keep trying.
21st Sept - Got request for medical exam
10 Oct - Got PPR request and status changed to " Your application is approved"
20th Oct - IRCC has processed the passports and send them to VFS.

Hope it helps all who are waiting on their applications. Best of luck.
Hi, congratulations...
May I know from where did you apply and also when did your eligibility review start?

Firebeard55

Star Member
Feb 14, 2022
Applied August 25 2021 then again in March 4 2022
Final response: rejected
Reason: not enough funds for Canada had $34,000 Cad

Other reason : wouldnt return back to india
She

lucasinho

Star Member
Jul 28, 2022
Applied August 25 2021 then again in March 4 2022
Final response: rejected
Reason: not enough funds for Canada had $34,000 Cad

Other reason : wouldnt return back to india
She
What's your background? Do you have ties to home country? Have you traveled to the US, AUS, UK, NZ?