+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

march 2022 visit visa applications please gather here.

ZaraSamina

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Applied for my parents VV on 16th March and they did their biometric on 31st March. Still no update. They are in USA right now, I send a webform stating change of address to their current US address. I am expecting in Nov.
should I wait or reapply from US???
Thank you

faisalmughal

Nov 5, 2015
Applied for my parents VV on 16th March and they did their biometric on 31st March. Still no update. They are in USA right now, I send a webform stating change of address to their current US address. I am expecting in Nov.
should I wait or reapply from US???
Thank you
In my opinion, it is better to wait because March/April 2022 applications are being processed now a days as noticed, 02 of my colleagues got the result recently with April 2022 timeline. Regards

jiggishad

Oct 19, 2018
Hi everyone, I applied from gc key portal in august 8th and my biometrics or anything has not been updated. this is my second application.
Do you suggest me apply from new portal as many people are saying that new portal is taking 14-30days for processing. Please suggest on what should I do? Will I receive refund for my GC key portal application if I submit from new portal?

jascherian123

Apr 21, 2022
Hi everyone, I applied from gc key portal in august 8th and my biometrics or anything has not been updated. this is my second application.
Do you suggest me apply from new portal as many people are saying that new portal is taking 14-30days for processing. Please suggest on what should I do? Will I receive refund for my GC key portal application if I submit from new portal?
Currently, IRCC portal does not process the visitor visa application within 14-30 days. My husband applied in the IRCC portal on March 29 and till date we have not received a reply but I have seen applicants received their PPR in April. So, I don't think it matters if you applied in IRCC portal or GC Key, we all need to wait patiently.

Reactions: Deen031201

faisalmughal

Nov 5, 2015
Currently, IRCC portal does not process the visitor visa application within 14-30 days. My husband applied in the IRCC portal on March 29 and till date we have not received a reply but I have seen applicants received their PPR in April. So, I don't think it matters if you applied in IRCC portal or GC Key, we all need to wait patiently.
Well said

AshokMore

Aug 1, 2022
got the passport request after 160 days. from India. Can someone help with easiest way for submitting passport? Looks like someone needs to go to VAC to physically submit passport. Do I need to be aware of anything else?
When was you applied & completed biometric ...? please share dates for both

parishjain1234

Apr 5, 2022
Hi All,

Got my PPR :)
Sharing the timelines for reference.

April 6th: Applied TRV - PGWP Holder (India)
April 7th: Random Update (Start of Eligibility)-- This happened exactly after 24 hours of applying, hence I think it was automated.
July 27th: Request for medicals received -- Even though I was technically exempted from them, anyway I decided to get them done
August 5th: Clinic uploaded mu results
August 9th: Medical gets reflected on GcKey
August 12th: PPR

August 12th Same Day: Couriered my passport (To New York Office as I am currently in the USA)
August 15th - Passport received by VFS
August 16th - Passport received by IRCC office
August 17th- Passport received back by VFS office
August 18th (today) - Passport Couriered back

Passport Expected - Tomorrow by FedEX

Good luck everyone, its very annoying for people waiting, I hope this backlog gets over soon _/\_

Reactions: Lsingh2212

foxbat3434

Aug 18, 2022
Hello all - currently a PR living in Canada. Applied for spousal sponsorship and a visitor visa for my wife through the GCKey portal. Here are my timelines:

March 02, 2022: Applied TRV
March 03, 2022: Biometric Request
March 08, 2022: Biometrics received by IRCC
March 08, 2022: Eligibility Review started

No response since then. My wife's application was filed in Pakistan. Processing times from Pakistan (as of August 17th) is 101 days whereas my wife's application is currently at 170 days (and counting). I haven't included the spousal sponsorship timelines as that is not relevant to this thread.

jascherian123

Apr 21, 2022
Hello all - currently a PR living in Canada. Applied for spousal sponsorship and a visitor visa for my wife through the GCKey portal. Here are my timelines:

March 02, 2022: Applied TRV
March 03, 2022: Biometric Request
March 08, 2022: Biometrics received by IRCC
March 08, 2022: Eligibility Review started

No response since then. My wife's application was filed in Pakistan. Processing times from Pakistan (as of August 17th) is 101 days whereas my wife's application is currently at 170 days (and counting). I haven't included the spousal sponsorship timelines as that is not relevant to this thread.
Have you raised a webform? Your wife's application is way past the processing time.

foxbat3434

Aug 18, 2022
Have you raised a webform? Your wife's application is way past the processing time.
I've raised several. I raised one on May 3rd which was responded to on June 30th. I raised another one end of July so now waiting to hear back. I've also requested GCMS notes (first week of August) to see where the application is.

jascherian123

Apr 21, 2022
I've raised several. I raised one on May 3rd which was responded to on June 30th. I raised another one end of July so now waiting to hear back. I've also requested GCMS notes (first week of August) to see where the application is.
I'm not sure what to say. Looks like March applications are not getting processed. I have seen April applicants getting their PPR. Hope we all get a reply soon!