+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 Spousal Sponsorship Applicants

Shabash

Feb 4, 2022
Hi everyone
My brother just applied for his spouse online application submitted on March 17th. Today I got a letter it was returned because :

Please note your application has been rejected for the following reason:
The following identity documents have not been included or do not meet the
requirements for processing:
Marriage certificate (note that a record of solemnization or marriage license are
NOT acceptable)
The marriage certificate to be submitted is the "Nikkah Nama". It must bear the Nikkah
registry seal as evidence that the marriage has been properly registered by the union
council or the relevant government authority in the relevant region.
The NADA (National Database and Registration Authority) issued marriage certificate
should be included but is not sufficient evidence on its own.

We submitted all required documents including Nikah Nama with attested / notarized translation so we are confused as to why they returned it. At this point, also wondering if/what would be the lrocess to resubmit? Do we need all new signs and forma in online application even if they are marked complete? Do we need new fees again (they went up by like $15-25 on April 30, 2022.
Any insight would be great, thanks!!
Did you get any government office or regional body to seal and sign the nikahnama

sanayy

May 27, 2022
Hey everyone,

I submitted my application in March but 5 days ago, I received an email stating they are returning my submission, including all of the supporting documents as one of the documents was not completed in its entirety.
I have waited one week, but I didn't receive my supporting documents (letters, photos etc) returned to me in mail. They have attached photocopies of all supporting documents in the email though. I don't know how to resubmit my application, do I wait for my original supporting documents to be mailed back (I have no idea when that would be) or do I resubmit application using the photocopies of the supporting documents?

Thank you for any help, I highly appreciate it!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have waited one week, but I didn't receive my supporting documents (letters, photos etc) returned to me in mail.
I would wait and expect that mail from IRCC in Sydney may take 3 weeks, easily. Seriously - I think they have an issue with their mailroom.

In the meantime, review what you submitted, triple check, and see what you would need to re-apply.

Reactions: sanayy

sanayy

May 27, 2022
I would wait and expect that mail from IRCC in Sydney may take 3 weeks, easily. Seriously - I think they have an issue with their mailroom.

In the meantime, review what you submitted, triple check, and see what you would need to re-apply.
Thank you for replying! do you know if my processing time will be longer now as I will be resubmitting the application? They have already scanned and made digital copies of all the other documents.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for replying! do you know if my processing time will be longer now as I will be resubmitting the application? They have already scanned and made digital copies of all the other documents.
You should expect it is just like starting over, because it is. If it ends up being a bit faster, great, but don't count on it.

Shabash

Feb 4, 2022
My application was delieverd on March 17th 2022 but i havent received the AOR people who have submitted the application on 18th march 2022 have received the AOR’s anybody else facing the same issue.

Star Member
Jan 11, 2021
My application was delieverd on March 17th 2022 but i havent received the AOR people who have submitted the application on 18th march 2022 have received the AOR’s anybody else facing the same issue.

No

Still waiting

I applied on 30 March though, but will let u know if I receive anything then

Doc2Doc

May 31, 2022
Outland Application (US Citizen)

Application Delivered - Mar 24, 2022
AOR - Jun 1, 2022
Biometrics Instruction Letter - May 31, 2022

Shabash

Feb 4, 2022
I have applied via paper based application (India)
Application received March 17th no AOR or anything yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Doc2Doc

May 31, 2022
Outland Application (US Citizen)

Application Delivered - Mar 24, 2022
AOR - Jun 1, 2022
Biometrics Instruction Letter - May 31, 2022
Sponsor Approval - Jun 1, 2022